IFAF World Championships

gordie_delini

I've been following these on Dribble and I'm really impressed with them. The only issue I have is with the Canadian set. Right now I feel there's far to much black on there for a country that has no black anywhere in it's national flag. I'd love to see a version where the balck is all switched out for white, I just think it would feel more Canadian, but that's just my opinion.

Keep up the great work, not usually into uni threads but this is one of the few that really interests me.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

The Canada set is spot on. Black gives it a more intimidating feel. White for a Canadian team is predictable.

Really? Black being "intimidating" is one of the most cliched and over used excuses for throwing black at a design that neither warrants nor needs it.

If players are intimidated by the colour of the opposing teams shirts I suggest they go play tiddlywinks cos football isn't the sport for them. And for the record the only undefeated NFL team played most of that season in white shirts! It'sTEAMS that are intimidating not shirts, and adding black for blacks sake wont change that. Ever.

As for white in a Canadian set being predictable, well that's kinda the point! That's why National teams tend to play in THEIR national colours. So that people will be able to identify them instantly. National uni's shouldn't be about "cool" or "intimidating" they should be about doing something creative with a country's colours to help envoke national pride and aid recognition.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

The Canada set is spot on. Black gives it a more intimidating feel. White for a Canadian team is predictable.

Really? Black being "intimidating" is one of the most cliched and over used excuses for throwing black at a design that neither warrants nor needs it.

If players are intimidated by the colour of the opposing teams shirts I suggest they go play tiddlywinks cos football isn't the sport for them. And for the record the only undefeated NFL team played most of that season in white shirts! It'sTEAMS that are intimidating not shirts, and adding black for blacks sake wont change that. Ever.

As for white in a Canadian set being predictable, well that's kinda the point! That's why National teams tend to play in THEIR national colours. So that people will be able to identify them instantly. National uni's shouldn't be about "cool" or "intimidating" they should be about doing something creative with a country's colours to help envoke national pride and aid recognition.

9erssteve

My opinion. Your opinion.

The world goes around and around.

Obviously your opinion matter a lot to you. :grin:

I still like the black. :flagcanada:

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

If anything, black is predictable for Canada. They always use it, and sometimes, it's too much. In Brian's case, I don't see much of an issue with it, but I'm with Steve. It would be refreshing to see a tastefully done Canada uniform in just red and white (maybe two reds if you need a third color for contrast). I think that would stand out a little more as a representation of Canada over all of the black.

Either way, it's great to see some more clean concepts on the boards. It's nice that we can talk about something more than execution on these ;)

Intersting discussion on the Canada set guys. Black and Red are actually Canada's official sporting colors, something which is important for me to use. As for how much black, GotPixels actually hit the nail on the head. I wanted to give Canada an imposing, intimidating look, and I think the black with the red achieves that. That said, the red jersey with white pants is a pretty stellar look, just not one I've shown here.

I'm happy to see the interest in this project - it's been a lot of fun to work on and I'm enjoying it. Here's a breakdown of where I'm at:

Completed Teams - 4/12: Canada, Austria, Germany, Italy

Remaining Teams - 8/12: Australia, Finland, France, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, Sweden, USA

I've chosen these teams based on the fact that they've competed in previous IFAF World Championships, which eliminates some of the other teams I'd like to do like the home countries and some other European teams. Perhaps after I finish these 12 I'll keep going, we'll see!

OD_Signature.jpg

Absolutely the most impressive series I've seen in a while. Well done... Looking forward to the next 8 teams (especially the USA). Also, some suggestions for other nations should you choose to continue this series: Jamaica (great colors that would look cool), New Zealand, Samoa (could do a tribal theme for this and/or NZ), and Russia, Spain, Brazil

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived