My Idea of tOSU's Men's Basketball Uniforms

buckeye

So I felt like I should try and put a small spin and basically clean up Ohio State's basketball look a bit, with eliminating black from the "main" uniforms, but with it being Nike, black and anthracite have to be in there somewhere. So I whipped up the normal set of tOSU's uni's, plus 3 alternates I figured Nike would add in. C&C is appreciated!

12154720.jpg

12154722.jpg

and here's the link to the full size images for better clarity, just didn't wanna take up the whole board with a picture...

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/12154730/img/12154730.jpg

http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/12154722/img/12154722.jpg

It's actually the font Nike uses on the majority of the Ohio State shirts and gear they sell. I have one of the shirts and I put it in the copier, brought it up in photoshop and copied it to the best of my ability. It didn't turn out to bad at all imo. I think it fits the jersey better than the block O font they currently use on it.

It's actually the font Nike uses on the majority of the Ohio State shirts and gear they sell. I have one of the shirts and I put it in the copier, brought it up in photoshop and copied it to the best of my ability. It didn't turn out to bad at all imo. I think it fits the jersey better than the block O font they currently use on it.

That's why I wanted to know. And the font just looks good on a uniform. Nice work on the concept. Way better than what they wear now.

mcbqza.jpg

The first 3 were great... the second 3 not so much.

The logo on front of basketball jerseys needs to end... today. Its not a good look. The faded letters on the black uniform just looks cheap. The faded black has potential, but it is sorely missing gray.

That being said, the font for the numbers and letters doesn't fit with Ohio State. They just don't look right.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

The logo on front of basketball jerseys needs to end... today. Its not a good look. The faded letters on the black uniform just looks cheap. The faded black has potential, but it is sorely missing gray.

That being said, the font for the numbers and letters doesn't fit with Ohio State. They just don't look right.

As far as font, what do you exactly suggest as "right" for the university, and as far as the alternates in the 2nd set, I'm just throwing something out there I feel Nike would attempt with the jerseys. I tried something different with the part of the buckeye leaf where the Nike logo is on the middle dark grey jersey. Same goes with the logo on the front of the jersey. It's just different options to think about.

As far as font, what do you exactly suggest as "right" for the university, and as far as the alternates in the 2nd set, I'm just throwing something out there I feel Nike would attempt with the jerseys. I tried something different with the part of the buckeye leaf where the Nike logo is on the middle dark grey jersey. Same goes with the logo on the front of the jersey. It's just different options to think about.

Honestly, I think what they have now works well, but seems a little bit small. I think if you take what they have and expand a bit to make a little more legible. You could even try adding the buckeye leaf with the O. The font you used is too Houston Rockets.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Archived