Rugby Union of Texas - ARU Feeder- Final Wrap

GotPixels

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of these improperly named Rugby Leagues is confusing to me. A few ideas for more of a Rugby Union feel:

• Texas Rugby Shield/Plate/Trophy
  • Texas Rugby Championship
  • Texas Rugby Premiership
  • Texas XV Premiership

sig.png

Thank you for changing the name from League to Union. Although this may not be the place, I'd like to chime in a bit on rugby league. I am a staunch league supporter and involved in bringing rugby league to British Columba. Via the internet I watch Australasia's National Rugby League on a regular basis. The National Rugby League is the most watched television event on Australian television, surpassing even Australian Rules Football in viewers. I have watched every game since the 2007 season. It's a great sport, one which I think Canadians and Americans would love if they knew about it. Some of the confusion comes from the term "league" in the sport's name, and some comes from the similarities to rugby union. But make no mistake, rugby league is the fastest-paced of all football codes in the world. In fact, it is very difficult for me to watch the NFL or the CFL because the games are too slow. I urge all of you to watch some rugby league on Youtube. In particular if you watch the full match of the 2012 State of Origin game 3 you will see rugby league at its finest. Sorry for taking up space in this thread, but I'm very passionate about rugby league, and wanted to share this great sport with all of you. Thank you for your time.

I didn't notice until you posted the Austin concept, but the action player in your concepts is Sonny Bill Williams, most recently of the New Zealand All-Blacks rugby union team. Sonny Bill was a rugby league player with the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs of the NRL who infamously walked out on his contract with the Dogs to take more money playing rugby union in France. Within weeks of leaving league and moving to union Sonny Bill was asked to join the All-Blacks. Williams was a very good league player, who would have been great had the injury bug not bitten him. But the All-Blacks, who went on to win the World Cup, thought enough of him to sign him only weeks after joining union. Williams is now back in the NRL and will be playing with the Sidney Roosters in 2013.

Thank you for changing the name from League to Union. Although this may not be the place, I'd like to chime in a bit on rugby league. I am a staunch league supporter and involved in bringing rugby league to British Columba. Via the internet I watch Australasia's National Rugby League on a regular basis. The National Rugby League is the most watched television event on Australian television, surpassing even Australian Rules Football in viewers. I have watched every game since the 2007 season. It's a great sport, one which I think Canadians and Americans would love if they knew about it. Some of the confusion comes from the term "league" in the sport's name, and some comes from the similarities to rugby union. But make no mistake, rugby league is the fastest-paced of all football codes in the world. In fact, it is very difficult for me to watch the NFL or the CFL because the games are too slow. I urge all of you to watch some rugby league on Youtube. In particular if you watch the full match of the 2012 State of Origin game 3 you will see rugby league at its finest. Sorry for taking up space in this thread, but I'm very passionate about rugby league, and wanted to share this great sport with all of you. Thank you for your time.

Funnily enough, I feel a lot of the same way about union. I only got into it about two years ago, but my God...it puts the NFL (and to an extent soccer) to absolute shame. I need to give RL a try.

sport-scarf_devils_zps117fda40.png

Aussie Rules would be a good one for this title.

GotPixels the new Logo for the Union looks great.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Expansion candidate list:

Amarillo Rugby Union F.C.

Waco United R.F.C.

Santa Fe Topaz

Little Rock Ozarks

Shreveport Steamers United F.C.

I'm picking two to get the league to 12. Thoughts?

... Waco gets a team but WE don't?

lol

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

This is great to see! Everything looks awesome so far. I think the name change to Rugby Union of Texas was a very good choice, and the logo was a big upgrade in the process. Looking forward to more.

Appreciate it. Hopefully others will make other Feeder Unions for the ARU.

Fun stuff.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

Waco United R.F.C.

Santa Fe Topaz

Little Rock Ozarks

lol

Haha.

You could always drive to Dallas and catch a game.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

Waco United R.F.C.

Santa Fe Topaz

Little Rock Ozarks

lol

Haha.

You could always drive to Dallas and catch a game.

uzLke.jpg

But seriously, lookin' forward to seein' the rest. They all look pretty good.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived