NHL Minimalist Designs

ksupilot

Not bad. The main issue I have is that these are clearly just copies of the logos that have been simplified. The good thing about the NHL one is that all of the logos were drawn by the artist. Basically, I think a few of these are still a little too complex.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that's a great set. About as good an NBA set can get! Only two I'm not nuts about would be the Bobcats (couldn't tell it was them, but I can understand how that team would be difficult), and the Warriors. But I don't know why you don't like your look for Memphis...that's one of my favorites. Opinions, I guess.

Overall, incredible work

sport-scarf_vikes_zps08004021.png

8574853325_bb64890276_c.jpg

Anyone who can find a better one for the Clippers Warriors OKC Griz and Magic are better men than me. Some were the same as the first version, some I changed slightly. I tried to limit basketball balls and multiple blocks of colors. I also tried to use directly from logos or secondary logos.

I will say, it was a lot of fun doing. Real mental challenge, would like to see it for all sports (plan on making my own for all sports). But this could be a cool trend.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

• 5 months later...

^cool, a lot of them look a little bit too cartoony for my liking though. I prefer keeping the elements as they are, and just simplifying the surroundings. Not distorting them and making them look cute with rounded edges.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived