NHL Minimalist Designs

ksupilot

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nashville and Florida aren't good for me because they are too far removed from the team name/identities.

I don't see how that can be in Florida's case, since they just isolated the tree from the secondary logo.

florida_panthers.png

Right, but the team name is Panthers, and since the tree was taken from a weird secondary logo it's just a stretch to connect.

From a technical stand point it's hard to design a minimalistic panther. Perhaps a paw would have worked, but I still think the palm tree fits the Florida identity just fine.

Exactly. Like the secondaries themselves. They weren't designed to represent the nickname. They were designed to represent the city/state. Both do a great job of that. Because of that, both are fine IMO. Something of worth to the franchise is represented.

It's really bothering me that the arrow/tail on the Devils logo is pointing left instead of down. The thig that was cool to me about the actual logo is that you could interpret it as a tail, or as an arrow pointing towards Hell.

That's not Hell, that's Camden!

The Mighty Ducks logo probably would have just been a purple triangle on green or something.

Maybe. But nothing about a triangle would say "Mighty Ducks" or "Anaheim" the way most teams are represented here. If not based around the duck mask, or something more subtle, then I'd imagine the MD monogram from the third jersey might be used.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

the NBA ones are bad. too many balls and letters. at least the NHL artist created new icons. this guy just pasted vector elements. not very creative IMHO

The NHL one is a minimal representations of teams in it's simplest form.

The NBA one is just removing of elements of logos. They aren't as simple, and are just isolations. Good attempt, but not as successful.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

the NBA ones are bad. too many balls and letters. at least the NHL artist created new icons. this guy just pasted vector elements. not very creative IMHO

The NBA one is just removing of elements of logos. They aren't as simple, and are just isolations. Good attempt, but not as successful.

exactly. the NBA versions arnt quite on the same level. even if its the same guy, this attempt dosent strip the core idea down to it's simplest shape and color. not as easy to do as it looks, eh?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

exactly. the NBA versions arnt quite on the same level. even if its the same guy, this attempt dosent strip the core idea down to it's simplest shape and color. not as easy to do as it looks, eh?

I thought I'd try my hand at it. and it really isn't. Man haha there are some tough ones (see OKC). I'll post mine when I finish but you said it man.

But I think I'm improving this one.

8574853325_bb64890276_c.jpg

Anyone who can find a better one for the Clippers Warriors OKC Griz and Magic are better men than me. Some were the same as the first version, some I changed slightly. I tried to limit basketball balls and multiple blocks of colors. I also tried to use directly from logos or secondary logos.

Archived