Top 5 non BCS colleges in division 1 that needs a new logo

Burkell007

For me (excluding HBCUs):

Austin Peay

Portland State

Eastern Illinois

Bryant

Liberty

I may be biased because I am an alum of Bryant, but I do not think Bryant has a bad identity. To be fair my freshman year the logo was: Col1993_bryant.gif

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also hate that Louisiana-Monroe, when changing from Indians to Warhawks, chose to go with bird imagery. Their logos are actually good but, according to Wikipedia their name was chosen for this reason: The new nickname honors Maj. Gen. Claire Lee Chennault, an LSU alumnus, and his Air Force unit from World War II, which utilized the Curtiss P-40 Warhawk in battle, although the logos primarily use bird imagery.

A WWII-era plane and pilot logo would be pretty awesome. Heck, they could probably rip-off the Iowa Barnstormers and make it work (they used to rip-off Florida State anyway).

The Warhawks' youth logos combines the avian and aviator themes. They feature a hawk wearing a World War II era flight jacket and aviator's goggles.

mascot.jpg

I also hate that Louisiana-Monroe, when changing from Indians to Warhawks, chose to go with bird imagery. Their logos are actually good but, according to Wikipedia their name was chosen for this reason: The new nickname honors Maj. Gen. Claire Lee Chennault, an LSU alumnus, and his Air Force unit from World War II, which utilized the Curtiss P-40 Warhawk in battle, although the logos primarily use bird imagery.

A WWII-era plane and pilot logo would be pretty awesome. Heck, they could probably rip-off the Iowa Barnstormers and make it work (they used to rip-off Florida State anyway).

The Warhawks' youth logos combines the avian and aviator themes. They feature a hawk wearing a World War II era flight jacket and aviator's goggles.

mascot.jpg

Yeah, that's basically what the costumed mascot looks like. Wish they went more in the WWII direction. We have plenty of bird mascots as it is.

Ehh... I see what you mean, but I really don't care that it looks female. A female bear will still tear you in half if she feels a reason to.

But seeing that has made me realize that all schools with a big jungle animal logo (Tigers, Wildcats, Bears, Panthers, etc.) should probably pick another mascot ideally... but barring that, should opt for a sweatered mascot logo, or at least some other way of putting the schools name or initials on their logo. If you were to greyscale that bear, would you even be able to tell what school it belonged to? Heck, the fact that it's blue and gold made me think it was one of the UC-Not Cal's until I read the last part.

Ehh... I see what you mean, but I really don't care that it looks female. A female bear will still tear you in half if she feels a reason to.

But seeing that has made me realize that all schools with a big jungle animal logo (Tigers, Wildcats, Bears, Panthers, etc.) should probably pick another mascot ideally... but barring that, should opt for a sweatered mascot logo, or at least some other way of putting the schools name or initials on their logo. If you were to greyscale that bear, would you even be able to tell what school it belonged to? Heck, the fact that it's blue and gold made me think it was one of the UC-Not Cal's until I read the last part.

It may just be a big deal to us students because our sports program sucks lol.

I initially got a "predecessor to the Memphis Grizzlies" vibe from it, myself.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Nobody thinks North Dakota needs a new logo? You guys must not be up on the news.

They have a logo, just not a mascot. They use the semi-ripped of Notre Dame Interlocking ND, but stylized. I think they have to go without a mascot for a few more years. Its a contentious issue.

Archived