New York Islanders Updated logo and uniforms

JCRGraphix

With the Islanders moving to Brooklyn soon, I decided to give them a slightly new look adding the Brooklyn bridge and bringing back the victory stripes. The third/winter classic jersey is based on the Brooklyn Americans.

c/c?

islanders_zps0885afd8.png

Agree with suggestion of shrinking the bridge, otherwise, perfect adaptaion!!!

As for the Alternate, I would try to go a little lighter on the colour, more off-white, less beige.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Awesome design. I am in agreance with RETRO, shirk the bridge, keep it in the lower 1/3 of the circle. Solid uniforms!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Rather than shrink the bridge, you could also flip it and have it fill up the dead space right of the Y in NY.

Also, with the alternate, there's not enough contrast between the vintage white and the orange for me. I would flip the orange with blue in pretty much all cases, and lighten up the vintage white a tad.

Not to go off topic but im surprised the Islanders is keeping the name when they move to Brooklyn.

Pretty sure I saw lenghty discussions on the boards about that, but I belive that bottom line is: a) they have a winning tradition as the Islanders, B) Technically, Brooklyn is still on that same island, the way Queen's and the Hamptons are... hence a bridge to get there... and it is one of the 5 boroughs of New York...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Not to go off topic but im surprised the Islanders is keeping the name when they move to Brooklyn.

Pretty sure I saw lenghty discussions on the boards about that, but I belive that bottom line is: a) they have a winning tradition as the Islanders, B) Technically, Brooklyn is still on that same island, the way Queen's and the Hamptons are... hence a bridge to get there... and it is one of the 5 boroughs of New York...

You probably right I always thought the Islanders were name since they play in Long Island plus the Isles has great history from the Mike Bossy era.

I'm not sure the Isles or Rangers would like the idea of the Islanders wearing a diagonal script. I know what it's based on, but that would be like the Habs wearing this as a full-time alternate.

That aside, I agree with the above comments. Move/alter the "NY" so it's not obscured by the bridge and get rid of the four shoulder stripes. I've always hated those. I get wahting to honour the dynasty teams, but slapping four stripes as a shoulder patch is just lazy. The Oilers 5-tooth gear was a good example of how to do it.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived