UNC Football - Oregon of the East

JWoods077

Larry Fedora, since being named head coach of UNC football, has frequently been quoted as saying that he wants UNC to become the 'Oregon of the East'. Changes are definitely on the way for the upcoming season, but I thought I'd play around with all the official colors available via the UNC marketing department.

Because that involves 28 different combos (not crazy differences, but certainly differences) I've just posted them to a imgur album.

http://imgur.com/a/4r1Tg#0

plmiddlesbrough.pngncaancarolina.pngligue1lyon-1.png

Could somebody please find Ja Rule so I can make sense of all this?!?! Help me Ja!!!

Doesn't Maryland already have some stake to that claim with regards to uniforms?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

to be honest, I was more interested in the color blocking than striping patterns. those can go any which way, and I'm more trying to visualize whats actually going to be coming out of Nike's box in a couple months.

Could somebody please find Ja Rule so I can make sense of all this?!?! Help me Ja!!!

Why in the hell is the MJ23 Jumpman logo on these uniforms?

I know that Michael Jordan was a Tarheel, but did he suit up on the gridiron for them? It seems kind of ridiculous to have a logo of an NBA player holding a basketball on a college football uniform.

If that's the case, then LSU needs to start putting these on their uniforms, too:

shaq_dunkman_logo.gif

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

It seems kind of ridiculous to have a logo of an NBA player holding a basketball on a college football uniform.

It's not that unheard of - the Jumpman logo already appears on football cleats:

air-jordan-iii-football-cleat-1.jpg

Not to mention baseball cleats/gloves as well.

For some reason the pics aren't loading for me, but I'm actually surprised they haven't already included the jumpman in all their uniforms.

And please don't compare it to the shaq logo.dont even belong in the same discussion.

It seems kind of ridiculous to have a logo of an NBA player holding a basketball on a college football uniform.

It's not that unheard of - the Jumpman logo already appears on football cleats:

That doesn't mean that it's not stupid.

Manufacturer logos withstanding, there are some issues with your designs. Black really has no place at UNC. They arleady have navy blue, so black is redundant in the color scheme. The ram horns do not work on the helmet. UNC is the Tar Heels, not the rams. I understand that their mascot is a ram, but it's not their nickname. The Phillies mascot is the Phillie Phanatic, but they don't wear furry green uniforms. Your grey uniforms aren't grey enough. On the field, it will look like they did a bad job washing the white ones.

I think you are missing the point to Oregon's uniforms. Sure, Oregon has a lot of different helmets. jerseys and pants. But a big part of the thing that makes them Oregon is that they mix and match different elements. You have seven different dennis blue concepts, but you fail to show us what they would look like with the navy helmets. Or with white pants. I'm not saying you should make a concept for every combination, but reign it in a little bit (AKA a lot) and show us something interesting.

As to the point about the Jumpman - MJ is the school's most notable alumnus, and the Jumpman brand has moved to baseball and football as well. Are they manufacturing jerseys yet? No. But UNC does use Jumpan cleats, shorts and shirts for practice gear. Its not an illogical leap to move to actual jerseys as well.

As far as black - I'd tend to agree with you about whether or not it should be used at UNC. But your matter of fact tone that it has no place makes you seem like a bit of an ass, considering they have a blackout game scheduled this year (@ home against Miami). Additionally, a good number of fans like the idea of a rams horn helmet, so I threw it out there. UNC features the ram as a primary logo, so its your one to one comparison is off base - further, the ram nickname/mascot stems directly from the football team and the UNC student body wanting to have something substantive to represent the team.

I've done a mix and match concept before ( here - http://imgur.com/a/2FPS1#0 ) and this time I wanted to put more focus on the way certain alternate colors went with primary schemes. I had the previous concept to inform me how the large color blocks would look together. As far as colors go, other than the black and pewter, they are all the official colors from UNC's marketing department.

Holy cow, they need to tone it down a bit. It will take 3 seasons to play in all 28 combinations of uniforms. Keep it simple. Love the charcoal & carolina blue.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I would say that generally, changing the color of the numbers doesn't warrant a new jersey. You've got to reign it in a little if you want it to be realistic. Oregon has a lot of jerseys, but they don't have a green jersey with white numerals, one with yellow numerals, one with black numerals (one with yellow outline, one with white), and one with color shift numerals (one with yellow outline, one with white) and then repeated for the black jersey, white jersey, and yellow jersey. It's overkill.

You've got 7 Carolina Blue jerseys, and the only thing changing between them is the color of the numbers (and even something as small as the outlines). I know it's a concept, but if you want to dub 'em Oregon of the East — give them 5-6 tops and pants and mix them. 28 different tops and pants (and I don't even want to count helmets) is a whole new level, one that Oregon hasn't even touched yet.

Archived