What If the OHL was a Football League?

AlexWilson

Hey there everybody. This is a series I've been working on, and I figured it wasa time to make it's debut on the boards. The first team I did was the Soo Greyhounds. I gave them a classic, no-striping look, with grey pants as they use minimal grey on there jerseys. I placed the greyhound on the sleeves, deciding to use the "SOO" wordmark on the helmet alongside a star. Tell me what you guys think and what I should change, as I'm tryijng to base the jersey off team's history. Next team will be Sarnia.

SOOGreyhoundsAway_zps9d05edeb.png

SOOGreyhoundsHome_zps51843a46.png

sport-scarf_leafs_zps5f769288.png

seahawks_banner.png

Excellent use of the Fill Tool. Show a little more creativity in your concepts. The helmet is a good start.

I know it looks bad, but the Soo use very minimal striping on there jerseys now, so I kinda wanted to emphasize that. Don't worry, Sarnia is going to be better than this.

Needs numbers on the shoulders

And why should I place numbers on the shoulders? It's makes a uniform look way more cluttered than it needs to be IMO.

seahawks_banner.png

And why should I place numbers on the shoulders? It's makes a uniform look way more cluttered than it needs to be IMO.

uh5A6.gif

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Sarnia's finished:

SarniaStingAway_zpse8d08d93.png

SarniaStingHome_zps13d481ea.png

I decided to go all out with the Sting. The helmet has a honey-comb pattern gradient, very similar to ones I've seen in concepts. The striping is based off the teams original set of uniforms, with a few tweaks. C and C?

seahawks_banner.png

I think that you have an interesting concept with Saria. One thing I have to comment on, because it is one of my personal pet peeves, is the flow and direction of the logo on the helmet. I personally hate it when a logo faces or flows away from the direction of travel. Perhaps that doesn't bother you, if so you can disregard, but it drives me nuts.

I think that you have an interesting concept with Saria. One thing I have to comment on, because it is one of my personal pet peeves, is the flow and direction of the logo on the helmet. I personally hate it when a logo faces or flows away from the direction of travel. Perhaps that doesn't bother you, if so you can disregard, but it drives me nuts.

I think this is a case where the logo looks good either way. I tried it the other way, but this seemed to look better IMO.

seahawks_banner.png

Shoulder numbers are essential. Try do play by play of a football game sometime, and you'll realize how much you rely on those little bits of "clutter". It's nearly impossible. This new fad where it's ok to leave off tv numbers must be ruinous to commentators.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Here's Kingston:

KingstonRoad_zps363714bc.pngKingstonHome_zps3b6493a6.pngI decided to go all out with the Frontenacs, because Sarnia's look was pretty simple. Basing the design off the Bruins Pre-Edge set, even though that was the only Boston set they didn't wear, Kingston gets a look that looks different from Sarnia, allowing the teams not to be mistaken for each other when they play. C and C? Oshawa's coming up next.

seahawks_banner.png

Shoulder numbers are a must for any football jersey, no matter how cluttered you think they get. It helps you tell the players apart when you're watching them from the stands or on TV and you'll be seeing them mostly from the side. That's why we sometimes call them TV numbers. Just try it.

Shoulder numbers are a must for any football jersey, no matter how cluttered you think they get. It helps you tell the players apart when you're watching them from the stands or on TV and you'll be seeing them mostly from the side. That's why we sometimes call them TV numbers. Just try it.

I made Kingston before hockey week made his post, I just haven't had time to upload it. Next concept will feature TV numbers.

seahawks_banner.png

Shoulder numbers are essential. Try do play by play of a football game sometime, and you'll realize how much you rely on those little bits of "clutter". It's nearly impossible. This new fad where it's ok to leave off tv numbers must be ruinous to commentators.

Guys, don't waste your energy trying to convince Cody that he needs to fix something on his concept. He will not listen to your suggestions.

Archived