First attempt at making a logo

PlatinumAmphibian

Just decided to have a go at designing a logo, I like the Brewers logo as is but they are my favourite team so I thought to do them first. The logo takes various aspects of past logos and combines them, it is meant to be all placed on top of a beer keg. These are my first attempts, C & C would be greatly appreciated. 8674306371_4771d003ea.jpg 8674306361_a6cdd06b64.jpg

Out of the two, I like the logo on the right. The left logo gives me a soccer vibe and that is not cool. BTW, for your first logo, I give you major props because I could never do that well.

spacer.png

Just decided to have a go at designing a logo, I like the Brewers logo as is but they are my favourite team so I thought to do them first. The logo takes various aspects of past logos and combines them, it is meant to be all placed on top of a beer keg. These are my first attempts, C & C would be greatly appreciated. 8674306371_4771d003ea.jpg 8674306361_a6cdd06b64.jpg

You know what, dawg—this is a GREAT start! Seriously. I like the wood (barrel) background as as far as recolored logos go, I doubt few Milwaukee faithful would mind this, especially with the BiG being as beloved as it is (as best as I can tell, anyway).

I've no clue as to your skill and/or experience level so some of this may or may not make sense, but here goes. Whether you choose to leave the word "MILWAUKEE" in there or replace it with "BREWERS", you're gonna need to work on adjusting both the scaling and the kerning of those letters to integrate them more seamlessly into the alloted space. At the same time, pkay around with the length/width of those barley hops (wheat husks? What are those things called? Somebody help a brotha out here) to help with fitting the word in there better. You might also look at adjusting the width/thickness of that blue outer circle, too. And, also, look at sizing that BiG to fit inside the wood barrel circle better so it becomes a better focal point.

I want to see where this goes...if you get spare time, leep working on refining this. I'll be watching for updates.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Nice start!

The right version is superior the left. There's no need to include the additional brown gold you have around the edge of the left logo, the logo stands fine without it.

I also just want to reiterate what Buc said about the positioning and kerning of "Milwaukee" needing some attention. It should be a pretty easy fix, depending on what program you're using.

One thing I would suggest, would be to add a navy stroke around the wheat grains so that the area directly under them is consistent (not partially on the navy outline & partially off the logo).

Overall, though, not a bad first attempt by any means!

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Buc is spot-on with his comments. The 2nd logo is the better of the two. I would definitely make the ball-in-glove logo larger. Also, make the blue circle larger and think about fitting the barley elements completely within the blue like you've done with the text. Great start. The barrel background is a very nice touch.

gYH2mW9.png

Left logo looks like a soccer ball. I agree that the script looks too stretched out and the ball-in-glove needs to be larger. Also, don't pull a Brooklyn Nets and give absolutely no clue as to what the team's name is. I really do appreciate that you are keeping the new color scheme.

sport-scarf_reds_zpsbb317600.png

Was "Brewers" just an afterthought? In general, you should never de-emphasize the nickname in a primary logo.

Your logo would almost have to be displayed at least 6-8" in height to be able to read it at all.

Maybe you can reduce the spacing between the letters in Milwaukee, add "Brewers" to the bottom half of the circle, then use some of the wheat pattern on the sides, in between the words. It would balance out things better.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived