Toronto Maple Leafs Jersey Concepts

MrWonka

Touching and Untouchable....but really?

This is my entry to HockeyJerseyConcepts.com contest for the Toronto Maple Leafs Untouchable Contest.

Heres the thing, is Toronto's jerseys really an untouchable? I truly don't think so, but it was hard to come up with something for them that is original. So here it is. Tell me what you think.

Toronto+Set.png

Did you try that with one fewer stripe?

In my mind I can see it as more balanced.

I don't mind that look at all.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

This is my entry to HockeyJerseyConcepts.com contest for the Toronto Maple Leafs Untouchable Contest.

Heres the thing, is Toronto's jerseys really an untouchable? I truly don't think so, but it was hard to come up with something for them that is original. So here it is. Tell me what you think.

Toronto+Set.png

Its a really good look, and I almost wouldn't mind seeing them in this. Well done

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I actually wanted to, but for HJC (the site where the contest is) one rule for it is it can't look like a past jersey, and If I used 3 stripes, It would basically just be the 3rd jersey but with just the chest stripes, so...I guess I just had to switch it up a little haha.

Taking out one of the middle thicker stripes would just make it a northwestern stripe and taking out a thinner one would make it look quite unbalanced

Excpet 4 makes it look too broad.

maybe 3 equal stripes--unless that makes you think of someone else.

i do like the general idea--and if they did gow tih this without any variation--I'd b more than okay with it.

I actually wanted to, but for HJC (the site where the contest is) one rule for it is it can't look like a past jersey, and If I used 3 stripes, It would basically just be the 3rd jersey but with just the chest stripes, so...I guess I just had to switch it up a little haha.

Got you--maybe 5 stripes then?

(Okay--not really--unless they were narrow, and even then...)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Really like this set. It looks to me that the way you have the chest stripes on this template that they'd be curved up to the shoulder yoke. Regardless I would enjoy loosing to these uniforms 6 times a season.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Really like this set. It looks to me that the way you have the chest stripes on this template that they'd be curved up to the shoulder yoke. Regardless I would enjoy loosing to these uniforms 6 times a season.

I actually went into a lot of thought with that. But I actually stop those stripes before it hits the arm stitching. If you were to bring the arms out yes the stripes would move up a little but not much. I don't know how to explain where I stopped it so hopefully this picture helps

NHLuniforms.png

It confused me though

very much, but I knew what you were going for anyway.

When I first started using this template it really confused me at time where certain parts of the jersey were from the other templates I use.

This is excellent. Idk about the four stripe issue. You could always shrink all of them. After all, it worked for the 67 Penguins. What about big stripe-little stripe-big stripe?

I think a different font on the logo is the only positive change you could make. That font is very 1960s and really doesn't match the rest of the set.

That, and maybe a different template.

Great work, very impressive

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

This is excellent. Idk about the four stripe issue. You could always shrink all of them. After all, it worked for the 67 Penguins. What about big stripe-little stripe-big stripe?

I think a different font on the logo is the only positive change you could make. That font is very 1960s and really doesn't match the rest of the set.

This Template is my baby...never!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly?. I think your template needs to be a bit wider. It's very broad in the shoulders, and then narrows considerably by the hemline. You lose any definition of where the stitching lines are. How do shoulder yokes look on there? How about underarm panels a la the Erie Otters? What would a shoulder stripe like the 80s Jets look like, or what would the Flyers' current jerseys look like in it? By widening just a bit, you don't lose all of that detail.

Otherwise, it is a very realistic template and I appreciate the 3D effect as well as the "what it would look like when it's worn" effect. But, that's just my two cents. I still really like this concept.

Honestly?. I think your template needs to be a bit wider. It's very broad in the shoulders, and then narrows considerably by the hemline. You lose any definition of where the stitching lines are. How do shoulder yokes look on there? How about underarm panels a la the Erie Otters? What would a shoulder stripe like the 80s Jets look like, or what would the Flyers' current jerseys look like in it? By widening just a bit, you don't lose all of that detail.

Otherwise, it is a very realistic template and I appreciate the 3D effect as well as the "what it would look like when it's worn" effect. But, that's just my two cents. I still really like this concept.

The template technically wasn't made by me. I mean....really it was, but originally it was a picture of the Los Angles Kings jersey I found. Then I made every part of the jersey its own layer. So really, it is a real jersey width I guess, its just a hang up jersey, so obviously you are losing some things out of it.

If there ever is a time where their are side panels like the Capitals I actually will use another template to show what I'm trying to make it look like. And also I made my own "Shoulder/arm" stripe for a Dallas concept a little bit ago.

0527-dylanwonka-dal.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1369557137563

i really like the idea here. i dont believe the issue is with losing or adding stripes, its making all the stripes consistant. currently there are 2 variations on the same stripe. what goes across the chest/NOB has larger space between each line. plus, the top and bottom line is thinner than what you see on the sleeve and front bottom stripe. you should take that chest/NOB stripe and apply it to the other areas. the larger gaps between the lines will make the whole jersey feel less "tense" and make the player appear larger. everything becomes bold, and clearly defined.

also the tip of the leaf touches the bottom line of that top stripe. dont do that. give it some space all around.think of what you've done with the number and NOB. they "own" their spaces. just eliminate that visual tension and the whole jersey will look and "feel" completely different

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

The template technically wasn't made by me. I mean....really it was, but originally it was a picture of the Los Angles Kings jersey I found. Then I made every part of the jersey its own layer. So really, it is a real jersey width I guess, its just a hang up jersey, so obviously you are losing some things out of it.

If there ever is a time where their are side panels like the Capitals I actually will use another template to show what I'm trying to make it look like. And also I made my own "Shoulder/arm" stripe for a Dallas concept a little bit ago.

0527-dylanwonka-dal.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1369557137563

You know what it is then? The shoulders are really broad, which makes sense with the Kings jersey photo. The shoulder stripes have corners on them, but when they're usually worn, it all looks more rounded.

But, you've certainly shown that it works, and it's way better than the very vague puckdrawn template, so I must say kudos.

Toronto+Set.png

Its a really good look, and I almost wouldn't mind seeing them in this. Well done

Very interesting, very nice.

I'd make thicker stripes (3 instead if 4).

But congrats, very cool.

Archived