American Baseball League: THREAD IS DEAD

dsaline97

Here's an update to the Liberty, most noticeably to the primary based on some of the comments. Notice I took out the blue hat/home white version and replaced it with the white & blue hat/red jersey.

TeamHeader_zps93c9f211.png

Logos_zps1cf49874.png

Home_zpscc844fa2.png

Road_zps75b5324f.png

HomeAlt_zps561d605c.png

RoadAlt_zps0adc1b42.png

HomeBP_zps91727f0c.png

RoadBP_zps1a13f8b5.png

I'm hoping to get the Knights done by early next week at the latest.

spacer.png

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Knights are done, I just have to whip up their backstory. Expect that later.

League looks really good, can't wait to see the New York Knights, hopefully something based on The Natural.

Funny you say that, seeing how much work you did with this team. :P

Oh, and one more thing... the uniforms aren't your traditional sleeve-and-pants-piping sort of thing. Some teams will get BP-esque jerseys. But hey, I think they look pretty good.

spacer.png

TeamHeader_zpsb5955c40.png

Another original 6 team, another storied franchise with a long history. Beginning in 1936, the New York Knights were the last team brought into the ABL. They agreed to join the newly formed National Conference in 1950, but only under the condition that the Boston Clippers would also move leagues. In just a short, 13 year span, the rivalry between these two clubs became so severe that they would rather fold than be in separate divisions. Consequently, Commissioner Chris Husley agreed, and the two teams remain in the NBC to this day.

The Knights have always been known as a team that will bring heartbreak to fans year in and year out. They have only been crowned ABL Champs once in their 77 years of existence, with their title coming in 2004. They’ve gone through 23 managers in those 77 years, but have finally settled on the 38-year-old Kenneth Green, who is the youngest coach in franchise history. Veteran Jonathan Ramos continues to provide a spark at the hot corner, and is still regarded as one of the better hitters in the game. Rookie pitcher Logan Pittmann is ready for his first full season in the league after his impressive performance late last season.

The uniforms for the Knights are anything but traditional, as tradition has not been kind to them in a few years. The logos and scripts are still the same Old English style, but with a bit of a modern flair, evidenced by the plume on the top of the “K” and “Y.” The silver home uniform represents the armor of a medieval knight. The sharp stripes on the sleeves and pant legs are similar to the sharp sword a knight carries with him. A youth movement is beginning in New York, and with these young players come a set of modern uniforms.

Logos_zpsd0c1f531.png

Home_zps46960502.png

Road_zps45cdc414.png

RoadAlt_zpsb03cab70.png

HomeBP_zps98913ff9.png

RoadBP_zpsb1e1bd33.png

C&C Appreciated! I'm feeling good about this one.

spacer.png

The Knights are looking good, I guess they fall into the trend on New York teams that always crack under the pressure (Knicks, Mets, Jets)

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I'm currently taking suggestions for the Chicago franchise. Originally, they were the Chiefs, as a reference to the Super Chief train that ran from LA to Chicago. However, that fell through because of how the train design is New Mexico inspired, and I've already got one of those teams.

Anyways, open to suggestions. If I get enough, I may get a poll open.

Feel free to give C&C on New York as well.

spacer.png

Why not the Windy City Villains or the Windy City Vandals. You could also just use Chicago for either of those.

Really like Vandals. That one could work.

Have I missed something... Have you posted the Portland Loggers

Nope. Just a teaser

spacer.png

Why not the Windy City Villains or the Windy City Vandals. You could also just use Chicago for either of those.

Really like Vandals. That one could work.

Have I missed something... Have you posted the Portland Loggers

Nope. Just a teaser

Yeah, I though Vandals was the best of the bunch too. Your series, your choice. A teaser eh. ;) i see.

Here are my grades for each team:

Iowa: B+ Really like the palate, it resembles Iowa very well

New Mexico: A, that alternate just blows this thing away

Philly: B- Wasn't my favorite, felt a little French-y but whatever, nobody's perfect

New York: A, love the Knights the wordmarks are just outstanding

I can't wait too see how the rest of the teams turn out!

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I love the knights, but i do think that in new york the capitol letters do look a little to big. other than that these are perfect!

also, why is the home uniform gray?

Home uniforms can be white, powder blue, grey, or cream/sand. Road uniforms aren't required to have different pants, but must have a dark colored jersey.

spacer.png

I love this league it really is awesome so far. I see some similarities in our thinking when I compare this to the concept I'm creating (Whitecaps, Black Sox), hope you like what I'm creating too! Good luck!

Thanks! I'll be sure to check your out as well.

Thanks to everyone else who's been commenting on this as well. I really appreciate it.

spacer.png

Archived