PENN STATE BASKETBALL uniform overhaul

BroadSt_Bully

On Thursday, it was announced that Penn State men's basketball will be receiving new uniforms for the 2013/14 season, using Nike's Aerographic system of dress.

I decided to run with this and design new home and road uniforms, incorporating a key element from my Penn State rebranding concept/vision posted here in 2011 – notably the Keystone-'S' mark. The numbers are embedded within a keystone, resembling Pennsylvania's state highway shield, and the striping on the side panels mimics that of the iconic football helmet.

I didn't tackle the Aerographic panel on the back with this concept; I'm not that artistically talented. However, I'd like to see Old Main, flanked by the Lion Gates and topped with a silhouette of the Commonwealth with '1855', the University's founding date inside.

Simple and elegant, yet bold and unique.

Enjoy!

qn5zlw.png

that is beautiful. i think the jersey would have abetter balance though with "state" underneath "penn". then, enlarging the keystone/number just a bit.

Here's what it would look like with your suggested changes. I enlarged the keystone and numbers by about 33%.

r8uzcg.png

I like this quite a bit, but I feel like the full "Penn State" word mark is a bit tight fitting.

What about just "State?" I think the navy/white combo along with the Keystone is more than enough for fans to know that it's "Penn" State.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived