bigred618's NHL Concepts (St. Louis Added)

BigRed618

I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring with a Seattle hockey concept of my own...

Home
uci.png

Road
1ndp.png

I named them the Metros, naturally a nod to the old PCHA team that once played there. I almost named them the Mets, but that would've been too easily confused with the National League's NY Mets. I almost made their colors green and red, again to imitate their nearly-a-century-old incarnation, but the Wild already wears those colors, and two red/green teams in one league would've been odd.

The logos and jersey design was inspired by the bold, geometric, futuistic look of the 70s and 80s, like a WHA club, or a 60s expansion team. Only thing I'm not satisfied with is the primary, but I'm not sure what to do with it. C&C appreciated, as always.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happes when Seattle plays Nashville? They would both be wearing yellow jerseys...

Crap, I forgot about Nashville. They wear gold at home now, don't they? I could make a white third or Seattle will just have to wear green when they're in the Music City.

I'm going to go ahead and make this a series now. Not sure if I'll get the whole league done or not. Here's the Dallas Stars...

Home

zv8a.png

Road

e0o.png

The Stars will never move back to Minnesota. I've made peace with that fact years ago, but with this concept, they can at least still look like the old North Stars. The logo is based on the famous N* emblem they used all those years ago. Sorry if it's a bit wobbly, I had to hand-draw it because I couldn't find a nice "D" I liked. The colors have been simplified. Just green and black, even on the logos. When I first started getting into sports design, I always thought black only looked good with warm colors, and if you must use a cool color, one should add a metal like gold or silver to balance it out. I have no idea where I got that rule, but I think this turned out alright anyway. What do you think?

MONTREAL CANADIENS

Home

l3ab.png

Road

ctfw.png

Third

f22n.png

For the home, all I changed was the pattern on the hem so it synchs up with the rest of the design better. The road jersey was inspired by a similar shirt they wore in the 1930s. The alt was something I came up with out of nowhere in particular. At first, I was going to make this the home jersey, but then I realized after some research that the Habs had the same home jersey literally since the formation of the NHL nearly a century ago. I wasn't sure how you would react to me suddenly changing that.

C&C, please and thank you.

I really like the road uniform. Though one of the cuffs is coloured red. Did you try switching the red and blue in the numbers? Not sure which would look better.

The third is pretty unique. Outside the box, but still feels traditional.

I really like the road uniform. Though one of the cuffs is coloured red. Did you try switching the red and blue in the numbers? Not sure which would look better.

The third is pretty unique. Outside the box, but still feels traditional.

That cuff thing was an accident. I'll fix it as soon as I can. Thanks for your input.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm still trying to iron some things out with my Bruins concept, so instead I'll give you...

SAN JOSE SHARKS
Home
7tjp.png

Road
vqdg.png

Once again, I attempted to merge two eras into one identity. I took the logo of the late Oakland Seals and tweaked it to look more like a shark. I'm not sure where else I can go with it. I'm especially proud of the wordmark, and I'm thinking of creating a third jersey with the wordmark as the crest. I wasn't sure where else the orange would fit in, so I kept it to a minimum.

So what do you think? Does this look like a shark to you?

MINNESOTA WILD

Home
dncx.png

Road
mh6d.png

The Wild have been trying to go for a more traditional, old-time look recently, and I feel the new emblem I made helps more to convey that feeling. I replaced the cream with a golden yellow, just to see how it would look. I may try this with the cream again when I get the chance. C&C appreciated, as always.

Archived