bigred618's NHL Concepts (St. Louis Added)

BigRed618

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took your advice and included a hem on the Wild jerseys...

vykq.png
fb9.png

It's supposed to be a like a phantom hem to match the phantom yoke up top. It's a minor edit, I know, but I think it goes a long way to complete the look.

Better or worse? Also Winnipeg is next.

WINNIPEG JETS

Home
ov9v.png
Road
a7ke.png

Mostly inspired by their look from the 80s, when I thought the Jets looked their best. I made up a new primary, which ironically is only found on the shoulders. The leaf makes a W and the hockey stick makes a J, as well as motion lines coming from the plane.

C&C, please and thank you.

That Jets logo is kinda awesome, and by far the best in this series. But why only put it on the shoulders? That would make a great primary crest.

And I agree with Kaz, you need to ditch the IBM numbers. There's no harm in trying blur lines on numbers, but as they are now they would be impossible to read on the ice.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

First off, I took your advise and got new numbers for the Jets...

2bxb.png
so2t.png

They still have that LED effect, but with an outline included, they should be much easier to see. Also, to answer another question, I would've put the primary on the front, but then I wouldn't have anywhere to put that tasty wordmark. I also have a new concept...

BOSTON BRUINS

Home
fx2h.png
Road
x1t2.png

This one was inspired by one of their older looks. Between 1936 and 1948, the Bruins wore player numbers on the front and back of their jerseys. I guess being the only black/yellow team at that time meant there would be no worry of mistaking them for another team. Regardless, I was curious to see how such a style would look in today's NHL. What do you think?

Also I'm still waiting for feedback on my Kings concept.

The Bruins have been using the "B" on their jerseys forever, and it needs no changing. It's as iconic as iconic can get.

Also, I get this vibe with Winnipeg (that's not a bad thing, in fact, it's great):

jc9kv3g20u48ibz2za78gt6bg.gif

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

I would've put the primary on the front, but then I wouldn't have anywhere to put that tasty wordmark

A third jersey?

You have such a great primary though, that's the kind of thing we like to see on a hockey jersey. Don't hide it away on the shoulders because you happen to like the wordmark, things like that are better on third jerseys. Trust me, my favourite team uses a wordmark on their primary uniforms and it's depressing.

Also I'm still waiting for feedback on my Kings concept

And I'll give you that now. That is actually quite a nice logo you've done for them. You've stripped away all the excessive detail and certain other things I hate about that crown, so kudos for that. The only thing bugging me about this is the crown being off centre with the shield - but since you've got it above the A on the monogram, I'm not sure how you can fix that.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

wildwing64, on 07 Sept 2013 - 13:05, said:

BigRed618, on 06 Sept 2013 - 20:22, said:Also I'm still waiting for feedback on my Kings concept

And I'll give you that now. That is actually quite a nice logo you've done for them. You've stripped away all the excessive detail and certain other things I hate about that crown, so kudos for that. The only thing bugging me about this is the crown being off centre with the shield - but since you've got it above the A on the monogram, I'm not sure how you can fix that.

Thanks. I was also wondering if you think they look better in purple or black? Also I'll work on a third jersey for Winnipeg.

First, I put together a third jersey for the Jets...
0ej2.png
Nothing special. It was inspired by what they wore on their first year in the WHA, and most importantly, the primary takes it's rightful place on the jersey's front.

Next I redid my Seattle team...
vyqu.png
7x4t.png

I shortened the name to Mets, thinking that would make for a better logo, and made the white jersey their road jersey.

C&C please. Vancouver is next.

VANCOUVER CANUCKS

Home
wab6.png

Road
xeq3.png

Third
cdtx.png

I've noticed that when others make Canucks concepts, it's clear that they want them to return to their Stick-and-Rink logo as their primary. I decided to go a step further. My biggest problem with the current version of the C-Stick is that the "C" is hard to make out. I try to alleviate the problem by turning it into a "VC" lockup, while still evoking the image of a hockey rink.

The alternate is a little more down-to-earth. I never liked the lumberjack logo because I feel it doesn't go with the modern vibe of their other emblems, but I included this anyway because I know there are many fans of this logo.

C&C appreciated.

Was it intentional for the vc logo to look somewhat like a whale? If so brilliant! If not maybe run with that idea. I'd ditch the stroke on the stick and just have it meeting the border. Maybe straighten the stick as well. Theses are all some cool new ideas keep it up!

Was it intentional for the vc logo to look somewhat like a whale? If so brilliant! If not maybe run with that idea. I'd ditch the stroke on the stick and just have it meeting the border. Maybe straighten the stick as well. Theses are all some cool new ideas keep it up!

That's what I thought it was

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I kind of abandoned this project. I just needed some time to come up with more ideas, but now we're back in business.

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS

Home

eak2.png

Road

6ipo.png

Looking at their uniform history, it's clear that the Jackets are still looking for a style that defines them and suits them well. Here's my take. I liked the crest on their third jersey, with the cannon and the ribbon around it. I wondered how that ribbon would look if turned on its side, making a "C." That led to the creation of my own Blue Jackets' crest. Jerseys are the same as usual, except I added a couple more stars to each sleeve and tried to jazz up the home a little by adding a sash. What do you guys think?

Not bad. I would like to see someone come up with a concept that reflects Chief Blue Jacket. When the team was first named, I thought it had to do with the Shawnee of Ohio, not the Civil War. I know it would interfere with Chicago's Blackhawk theme, but yet again, the Blue Jackets and Sabres are basically the same concept, one is basically the artillery part of the North, one is the calvary.

Archived