bigred618's NHL Concepts (St. Louis Added)

BigRed618

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PORTLAND ROSEBUDS

Home

qd46.png

Road

tp7.png

After seeing a couple of other concepts for pro hockey's return to the Rose City, I thought I'd give it a try. I tried to make my own rose logo from scratch, and came up with a clever striping pattern on the sleeves, evoking visions of green, thorny stems and red, or white, rose petals.

C&C appreciated. Might make a third jersey to go with this.

^- Thorns might be a good name. But my thought is, shouldn't you have either Evander or Patrick Kane on a team called the Rosebuds? ;)

Anyways interesting jersey concept... As for some tweaks, I think the numbers need to be a lil lower on the arms of the jersey, as they don't look as good inside the yoke. On the chest I do quite like the design of the rose logo, very solid design, no change needed there.

As for the striping on the jerseys, right now they feel a little unbalanced. Could be solved by either thickening the hem stripes, simplifying the arm stripes or possibly applying the pattern used on the arms to the hem at the bottom.

Nice to see a portland concept, kudos for that.

^- Thorns might be a good name. But my thought is, shouldn't you have either Evander or Patrick Kane on a team called the Rosebuds? ;)

Anyways interesting jersey concept... As for some tweaks, I think the numbers need to be a lil lower on the arms of the jersey, as they don't look as good inside the yoke. On the chest I do quite like the design of the rose logo, very solid design, no change needed there.

As for the striping on the jerseys, right now they feel a little unbalanced. Could be solved by either thickening the hem stripes, simplifying the arm stripes or possibly applying the pattern used on the arms to the hem at the bottom.

Nice to see a portland concept, kudos for that.

Thanks for the advice. I named the team the Rosebuds after the old PCHA team that played there.

UPDATE

l5p.png

zc0p.png

rkev.png

I changed the hem to match the pattern on the sleeves, but otherwise couldn't do anything else for them. I thought about moving the numbers to the sleeves, but the thorns might get in the way.

The third is meant to be a bit of a fauxfack to their PCHA days. I don't know what the original Rosebuds actually looked like, but based on the logo I found, and judging by what the other teams in the league looked like, this is my educated guess on what they might have looked like.

• 2 weeks later...

ST. LOUIS BLUES

Home

moec.png

Road

1igi.png

Third

bimt.png

For my home team, I experiment with a new color scheme. The jersey design is based on their current thirds. The third jersey I made is sort of a Winter Classic idea I came up with. If the Blues were around in the early 20th Centrury, I believe they could still be called the Blues, but they would be named after the color blue, rather than the music. The logo depicts a bluebird, Missouri's state bird, with an SL lockup. It's nothing special. I just took some clipart and doctored it up a bit, tried to make it look more like a logo.

Archived