FINAL UPDATE 7/25 V4 - College of the Holy Ghost

DomTheAthlete29

I love it - simple and Penn State style

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

The asymmetry in the monogram is really bothering me, to be honest. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but here's what I'm talking about:

67sjuq.png

Those teal lines are the same length, so you can see that the cross is not centered on the mark -- it might not make much of a difference in some cases, but where you've got those four rectangles in the middle of the logo, it's really sticking out to me. I'd also look at the way you have breaks on the monogram, and how they don't apply at all to the cross. Last thing I'd work on is maybe making the G a little more pronounced, I think it'd look like an O from a decent distance.

Overall though, I like the simplicity a lot. Nice start.

@Doug - Thanks for the comments and tips, the asymmetry was a mistake on my end, knew something looked off thanks for catching that. Let me know how version 2 looks!

holyghost_zpsa7c7d611.png

As for the colors, I really want to stick with the simplistic look of black and white; IMHO it works well for a religous-affiliated university.

I really like the first ones better. It feels very Brooklyn Nets-like. The second white one is great, but the black is too hard to read. But if the person wants it that way you executed it greatly.

spacer.png

I'd suggest switching the number colors on the most recent update, it'd provide more contrast to the jerseys and make them much easier to read without undoing the essence of your concept.

what kind of pattern is inside the number?

Gothic iron work.

I'd suggest switching the number colors on the most recent update, it'd provide more contrast to the jerseys and make them much easier to read without undoing the essence of your concept.

It was meant to look like the numbers were "ghostly'.

Archived