2014 Sochi Olympic hockey

kiwi_canadian

So with the Olympics 7 months away and the NHLPA announcing players will play in Russia, does anyone know if Nike will be releasing new jerseys for the qualified countries? I know the IOC has said they will not allow national sport federation logos on uniforms during the Olympics, hence why Canada released their Olympic jerseys for 2010.

The following countries had to change crests and/or jersey template in 2010:

- Canada (crest)

- Finland (crest)

- USA (crest)

- Norway (crest and template)

- Switzerland (crest and template)

- China (womens) (crest)

For the 2014 games, the same countries will have to change crests again as well as Slovenia and Austria for the men's and Japan for the women's.

Seems to me that this could be a good opportunity for Nike to release new templates for countries. Anyone know of anything in the works?

Canada's 2010 Olympic jerseys were for 2010 only, meaning that they'll have to come up with something new for Sochi. They'll almost surely use the same template with a new maple leaf design, though I wouldn't mind looking at the past for some inspiration:

AA9F955393511C8FC5B7762BB192.jpg

1956jersey.jpg

209.jpg

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Canada's 2010 Olympic jerseys were for 2010 only, meaning that they'll have to come up with something new for Sochi. They'll almost surely use the same template with a new maple leaf design, though I wouldn't mind looking at the past for some inspiration:

AA9F955393511C8FC5B7762BB192.jpg

1956jersey.jpg

209.jpg

610x.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Oh man it's about time. Aside from the crest change, Team Canada has pretty much used the same jerseys since 2008. Unlike with the NHL teams I love seeing the national teams come out with new jerseys every 4 years. It allows me to identify players from different eras of the world junior hockey championships.

Archived