OITGDNHL: We Are The Kokusai Green Preservation Society

The_Admiral

Angry Burkes.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I found this interview with Portland Trail Blazers CEO Chris McGowan interesting.

He was asked about whether he could envision Portland hosting an NHL franchise at the Moda Center (formerly, Rose Garden Arena). Here's his response:

There’s nothing imminent with the NHL. In my opinion, the NHL works in Portland and the NHL works in the Pacific Northwest. It’s my opinion that’s the case because we analyzed it (last year, when it was possible the Phoenix Coyotes would relocate). That’s the case because I know generally how passionately people support sports teams in this region. And I know we have a great arena that can host a hockey team easily. And we have a hockey fan base here because of the Winterhawks. So, does that mean it’s going to come here? No. Is anything imminent? No. But I believe we’re in a position to take a look at it if the opportunity presented itself.

This may not be that surprising, but it's worth noting that McGowan isn't the decision maker in this scenario. He answers to Paul Allen. And if he was instructed to analyze the feasibility of an NHL franchise in Portland last year, that means it's likely the orders came from Allen himself. And I haven't seen a whole lot of evidence in recent years that Allen was in anyway interested in the NHL.

I think you were looking for tbe NHL relocation thread.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/81108-when-no-teams-ever-relocated-phxnhl/page-231#entry2217344

Had Paul Allen offered $700 million to buy and relocate the Coyotes last year and Bettman responded with a polite but stern handwritten "Thanks, but no thanks." ...

That'd be OITGDNHL...IMO.

I think you were looking for tbe NHL relocation thread.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/81108-when-no-teams-ever-relocated-phxnhl/page-231#entry2217344

Had Paul Allen offered $700 million to buy and relocate the Coyotes last year and Bettman responded with a polite but stern handwritten "Thanks, but no thanks." ...

That'd be OITGDNHL...IMO.

If the coyotes ever win the cup bettman should get a statue in Glendale

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived