OITGDNHL: We Are The Kokusai Green Preservation Society

The_Admiral

Reminder that OITGDNHL: The Documentary (or: Big Shot) premieres tonight on ESPN

That was fantastic.

It was pretty hilarious to actually have John Spano in it and trying to defend his actions. (Not to mention Mike Milbury's appearances hahaha). And they did actually get Bettman to participate in the doc, which was helpful and at the same time so unintentionally and hilariously ironic.

Good watch, as are almost all of these 30/30s.

The content and presentation was great, but Kevin Connolly's narration made me fast forward through parts as I realized that he wrote the narration (since there was no writing credit at the end) and he and Bobby Flay could be the same person since they look and sound too much alike.

I really wanted to hear more from Jim Littes and why he failed to give a "heads up" to the rest of the owners.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Connolly was definitely the weak point of a solid story. But even he couldn't scuttle it, and to his credit, he got Spano on camera for an extended interview.

And we learned Mike Milbury turned down a hotel-room four-way with his boss, so at least he made one good decision while running the Islanders.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

And we learned Mike Milbury turned down a hotel-room four-way with his boss, so at least he made one good decision while running the Islanders.

That about made me spit my drink out at the screen!! holy :censored: !!! LOL oh man...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

I feel that exploring failure is more interesting than exploring success. The myriad ways that the NHL -- not just under Bettman's leadership, mind you -- has taken one of the most breathtaking sports on the planet and repeatedly cocked it up for both themselves and for the world demands exploration and discussion. That's why Gothamite wants to make a book out of this thread and not, say, Looking Back, Mario Lemieux Sure Was Good.

I agree, which is why the next hockey 30 For 30 needs to be focused specifically on the Gary Bettman era. It's a comedy, it's a tragedy, it has everything.

If I'm bankrolling the next one though, I'd choose to see one about the Avalanche-Red Wings rivalry of the 90's because that was nasty on a level that professional sports rarely gets to and might never reach again. Those two teams real-life hated each other and nobody's really done a good job of getting those guys to really talk about it. The Knicks-Pacers playoff seriesesseses that got a 30for30 were a joke compared to these series. They combined for 5 stanley cups in a 7 year span. Knicks-Pacers: 0 championships. Which story is more integral to their sports' history?

Other good topics worth exploring: The Mike Danton story, The Bertuzzi Incident/violence in hockey, The 94 Rangers, How Mario saved the Penguins (subtopic: Crosby/Ovechkin), the Blackhawks' destruction and revival.

PvO6ZWJ.png

NHL says Jaromir Jagr became the all-time leader in game-winning goals tonight.

Elias Sports Bureau disputes the claim, saying Gordie Howe is still the all-time leader, and that the league made a mistake by trusting its own records, which only track GWG beginning with the 1967-68 season.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I realized today that I'd love to see "Six Months In Hartford", an examination of Pierre McGuire's tenure as head coach of the Whalers, as a 30 For 30. So much went so wrong so fast when he was in charge.

I realized today that I'd love to see "Six Months In Hartford", an examination of Pierre McGuire's tenure as head coach of the Whalers, as a 30 For 30. So much went so wrong so fast when he was in charge.

Not only can that guy ruin watching a hockey game on TV with his TERRIBLE colour commentary but apparently he can also ruin a hockey team... Who knew?

It's more like two games over .500 because the correct way to fix point inflation is to treat all shootouts as ties, but I see your point. Everything about this realignment is just so terrible.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 months later...

League to Watch.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

It's an Angry Bird for hockey. It was walking around all night and they had scoreboard games with it. They also sold t-shirts of Hockey Bird in team gear.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Archived