My 2014 ACC Football Series

GriffinM6

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up next is Louisville. I really like what they have now, but they could use some tweaking. So I removed the dropshadows from the numbers, and added a black alternate jersey, alternate white pants, and alternate white helmet.

Home

4zzr.png

Home 2

4eq4.png

Away

55yr.png

Away 2

o4y.png

Alternate

fv5f.png

Stay tuned tomorrow for changes to Duke's striping and Clemson's number font!

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Great job, but what software do you use to make these? Is it free?

I use photoshop elements. There's not as many features to it as regular photoshop, but you can still make good concepts and it's much cheaper.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Comments thus far:

Boston College-Jamming "Boston College" on the top of the road jersey is a bit too much because it's two words and 13 letters (14 if you count the space). I'd use "Eagles" on there instead. Otherwise great job.

Clemson-I don't think these are better than what Clemson wears now. Putting "Clemson" on the jersey is unnecessary. Clemson's main identifier is the paw and you've already got it on the shoulders. Bring back the purple pants as alternates. Also, go back to orange numbers on the purple jerseys (the first purple jerseys originally had orange numbers on them instead of white, which was a much better look).

Duke-I like these a lot. They're a lot better than the Colts knockoffs they wear now. I like how you used the inside of the iron "D" as your stripes.

Georgia Tech-Go with white uniforms with gold pants as the primary home. Get rid of the white helmet. Either get rid of the white trim on the helmet logo or go back to the white logo with the navy trim. White numbers trimmed with gold on those alternate blues.

Louisville-They already have a black alternate, but I find no faults with this set at all.

Miami-I'd probably go with the "U" out front because that's the term that is most recognizable. Also, I'd recommend green pants on the road as the primary look not only for this set, but for Miami in general.

Interesting stuff so far. I'm particularly interested in what you'd do for NC State. If you were going alphabetically I think you may have skipped Florida State.

Louisville: This is just perfect! You have eliminated the drop shadow and brought back the black uniform. Great job! (**) (**) (**) (**) (**)

Miami: My second favorite because of the striping and design of the uniforms are great. (**) (**) (**) (**) (*.5)

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

These are looking great so far, especially like the Duke updates.

A small tip on presentation, if I may. I've noticed a consistent flaw where you don't fill in the top section of the pants (by the hemlines) or the inside of the jersey (middle section under the collar). Little things like that can help you take the next step to pro quality concepts.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

These are looking great so far, especially like the Duke updates.

A small tip on presentation, if I may. I've noticed a consistent flaw where you don't fill in the top section of the pants (by the hemlines) or the inside of the jersey (middle section under the collar). Little things like that can help you take the next step to pro quality concepts.

Thanks for the tip vic. I'll be sure to do that with UNC next.

spacer.png

I'm going to skip UNC, because I'm gonna change their font. Instead, next is NC State. They have always had pretty simple uniforms, except for the Falcons' ripoffs from the late 2000's. These are just an improvement what they currently have.

Home

wj9x.png

Home 2

zfmw.png

Away

blvj.png

Away 2

1rb.png

spacer.png

One flaw I have with NC State is the wordmark on the home jersey. It would be really hard to read the "WOLFPACK" on the jersey since there is only a thin outline representing it. Other than that, nice work as usual. Really like the Hurricanes set!

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

That small tweak really helped with the presentation. Now the viewer can see a concept and not an unfilled area.

I understand the traditional style NC state usually has but it needs a little more.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

That small tweak really helped with the presentation. Now the viewer can see a concept and not an unfilled area.

I understand the traditional style NC state usually has but it needs a little more.

I knew there was something that I'm missing on NC State. What do you think I could add?

spacer.png

Well I was in a pickle with UNC. I wanted to keep it traditional, but then I remembered the argyle on the basketball uniforms, and wanted to use that too. Now I'm stuck with which one I should use. So I'm going to open a poll, and ask which one you guys would prefer.

Option 1

zb55.png

Option 2

9ya7.png

spacer.png

Archived