New Jersey Storm

Elijah Summerdrum

If this were a real team, they would face a ton of scrutiny for being named after a tragedy. You'd never hear a team named the Boston/Oklahoma City Bombers, the New Orleans Katrinas, etc. Now I realize that some teams in real like have/had the same scrutiny or their nicknames seem inappropriate, but you shouldn't name a team after a recent events.

As for the concept itself, it's a start, but maybe adjust the font and little. It's a little illegible right now. Also, you should never ignore ANY c+c on your concepts. The more input you get, the better.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

After I post the uniforms C&C on the logos will be ignored.

I don't think you get the point of this forum.

I do actually, but if I didn't say this, the thread would go on forever, and I would never have a logo that everyone is satisfied on. If they don't like it, it's because they're too late to get their feedback in.

If this were a real team, they would face a ton of scrutiny for being named after a tragedy. You'd never hear a team named the Boston/Oklahoma City Bombers, the New Orleans Katrinas, etc. Now I realize that some teams in real like have/had the same scrutiny or their nicknames seem inappropriate, but you shouldn't name a team after a recent events.

As for the concept itself, it's a start, but maybe adjust the font and little. It's a little illegible right now. Also, you should never ignore ANY c+c on your concepts. The more input you get, the better.

What about the Chicago Fire of the MLS? They're named after a tragedy.

That specific tragedy happened in 1871 and there is not a person alive who was personally affected by this. It is so far removed that it is a historic tragic event. The storm that hit New Jersey happened in very, very recent memory and is affecting people to this day. Nobody is still recovering from the Great Chicago Fire.

As for the concept, the font needs to be thinned out a bit. As it stands it all kind of bleeds together when viewed from a bit of a distance. Maybe even switching the black and beige outlines will create enough of a contrast to make the letterforms stand out.

TDZiMMB.png

That specific tragedy happened in 1871 and there is not a person alive who was personally affected by this. It is so far removed that it is a historic tragic event. The storm that hit New Jersey happened in very, very recent memory and is affecting people to this day. Nobody is still recovering from the Great Chicago Fire.

Agree. Anyways, the event ended up helping the city because it was able to build many tall and stable structures, and it made Chicago of the largest cities in America.

Guest darkpiranha

Hurricanes

Cyclones

Thunder

Red Storm

Tornadoes

Fire

Flames

Earthquakes!

Lots of hand-wringing over nothing. If it was an issue that actually caused people anxiety or depression, Miami and Carolina would be pestered more frequently than the Redskins about changing their name. Plus every year they'd get new cries to change their name out of respect to the victims of whatever that year's hurricane was. Earthquakes cause damage and injury and death frequently, but no one ever whines about how thoughtless it is to name a professional team that. (maybe they do, I just never hear about it). How about naming teams after winter hazards? I'm sure there's a Blizzard or two out there.

In real life it's just a team name, and in HERE in the concept forums, it's just a concept that allows the designer to exercise his creativity. I mean, really, who cares? I guess if the designer states up front that he's trying to simulate creating an actual logo that an actual team would consider adopting, and if he wants to be as realistic in his entire process as possible...

I'd say the difference is in naming a team after natural disasters that are generally common to an area or historic disasters as opposed to naming a team for a specific recent disaster.

I can certainly see how many would consider the last as inconsiderate or worse.

The 'S' in the primary doesn't really read as an 'S' with the storm/hurricane thing behind it. Makes the whole thing difficult to read. Also the cut-outs in teh outline either side of the 'T' look super weird in the plain wordmarks as the other letters don't have them and so it looks more like a patch with weird mis-shapen holes.

Archived