Chicago Blackhawks's new logo

Sidney

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like your work - very nice concept.

J'aime bien votre travail - très beau concept. (my French is bad-sorry)

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Thank you mates ^^, HAHA French is more popular than what I thought :D

Merci pour le compliment,

to FGM13: I can make the changement to see what I come out with.

to KC scout76: Your french is not bad... you write it perfectly ;)

hNa1bgX.png

Thank you mates ^^, HAHA French is more popular than what I thought :D

Merci pour le compliment,

to FGM13: I can make the changement to see what I come out with.

to KC scout76: Your french is not bad... you write it perfectly ;)

Je n'ai pas de clés françaises sur mon ordi, mais je suis totalement bilingue lol.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

• 2 weeks later...

hey it takes a while but I've finally done an alternative logo, what do you think ?

AlternativeHawks_zpsfb90a9ba.jpgI thin

I think you did a nice fresh look on the logo and like the alternative you made, but would love to see one that focuses more on the history of why they where named the Blackhawks in the first place, For those unaware they are named after the 86th Infantry Division which their original owner was a member of during WWI. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/86th_Infantry_Division_(United_States)

I like the alternate. My only suggestion would be maybe a roundel anchoring the feather to the C, as done in the hair of the logo. Right now it just looks like it's laying there or floating. Other than that, looks great. Do lose the width of the feather outline on the bottom side coming back into the gold area. Sticks out quite noticeably.

Lovin your concepts though

5exu75.jpg2i1dojp.jpg

I've changed the wrinkles and added the black paint on the forehead ;)

paintforehead_zpscffeecd0.jpg

I just noticed something in the logo as well, the orange feather tip above the roundel, it doesn't follow the curve of the orange feather. Not super noticeable, but I wonder if it would look better red since it lines up more with the red feather.

5exu75.jpg2i1dojp.jpg

I still see the charcoal-gray color. Is this intentional? It seems to be random and unnecessary. It really should just be all black for the outline. Check your color palette if it is not intentional. Also getting nitpicky, but there is a small black line going down the middle yellow hair highlight.

• 1 month later...

Very cool...almost there. Suggestions:

Go back to the design you posted July 28, 2013 - 20:19.

Tilt the bottom of the nose line down just a very little towards the face.

Delete top of lip line.

Make the white of the eye just ever so slightly larger, and stretch it just a very little.

Keep the recently angled tan feather, and yes, green on yellow feather instead of blue.

Voila! Perfecto! I would buy this alternative jersey in a second!

Thanks mates :)

Grampaboy; OK I'll try what you said ;)

Le Québécois : salut l'ami, merci pour le compliment ;) d'après ce que j'ai vus il y'a pas mal de francophone. Je me permet de t'ajouter a mes contacts.

hNa1bgX.png

I don't particularly care so much for the blackhawks or their logos, but this is pretty great for a redesign. The only thing that gets to me is that it reminds me of the North Dakota University Fighting Sioux logo.

Colorado Born and Raised!!

2gm6.png
LasVegasBowl_zpsdb9fb995.png

Archived