Super League Hockey---- Millionaires and Governors

kevsim1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10....9....8....7....6.....5....4....3.....2.....1..... HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM THE SLH! Here's Matchday 56 for now. Crazy to think that this has been going on since August, and that we're left with just 14 matchdays remaining in the regular season! I'd like to take this time to thank everyone who's participated on this thread. It's been a ton of work, but it's been worth it. Thanks guys, and let's keep it going in 2014!

Well, matchday 56 is a big one. Montreal tries to keep their impressive streak alive, Toronto tries to end their dismal streak, and a couple of big matchups in the Pacific division, who are tight as sardines. Enjoy this divisional matchday!

Matchday56_zps6257852a.png

Scouts lose a game in tight Pacific race in 3-1 loss to Blockbusters

Spikes stay hot with clutch win over division leading Evergreens

Millionaires blank Neon

Low scoring affair goes to Red Birds

4 goaltending changes in 13-goal game. Power keep Toronto's streak going

Unthinkable scenario, as Espions score 2 in last 53 seconds to stun Empire

Teamen sink Titanic in longest shootout in SLH history

Governors put out the Fire in the Sunshine State

Enjoy!

57! We're getting close guys. Standings coming at every matchday from 60 through the end of the season. In this matchday, we saw:

The Evergreens blank the Red Birds, putting a big damper on their playoff push. Evergreens 3-0 Red Birds

The final sprint continues, in close OT win by Scouts over Neon. Scouts 2-1 OT Neon

Streak to 12 losses, as Towers fall to lowly Inferno. Inferno 4-3 Towers

Teamen end Espions' streak, but point streak alive and well. Teamen 4-3 OT Espions

Big blow to Spikes' playoff push against Superiors in the Copper State. Superiors 2-1 Spikes

Busters add to their Pacific lead in big divisional win vs surging Millionaires. Blockbusters 5-4 Millionaires

Power state their case of why they deserve the Central title vs division leading Governors in blowout. Power 6-2 Governors

A goaltending performance for the ages by McGullivan gives Titanic stellar 1-goal win vs Empire. Titanic 1-0 Empire

Matchday57_zps221590d5.png

Enjoy!

12 more! In this big 9th/12 rivalry matchday, featuring teams from the same division, conference and country. Here, we saw:

The Millionaires drop all 4 possible points in last 2 games, both divisional. Scouts blank 'em here. 4-0 Calgary

Clutch road win for the team from Nevada, coming into LA, one of the tougher places to play. 3-2 Vegas

Evs attempt to hold onto top spot, with win over Superiors. 5-2 Winnipeg

2 teams headed in opposite directions face off in the desert. Spikes blowout Birds. 6-2 Arizona

2nd straight 5-goal defeat pretty much sums up Inferno's season. 5-0 Washington

Towers continue to struggle, in general, and against division-leading Governors. 3-1 Ottawa

Titanic's goaltending the story again, in shootout loss to soaring Espions. 1-0 SO Montreal

3-2 win very big for Teamen. 3-2 Boston

Mathcday58_zps20968b4b.png

Enjoy!

Matchday59_zpsb7dcc332.png

Matchday 59! After this, we'll get matchday 60, standings and each team's upcoming last 10 games schedule. In matchday 59, we've got:

The Millionaires embarrass the Birds.

Superiors steamroll the Neon in Sin City

Blockbuster hit a sour note in crucial trip to the Peg

Spikes never had a chance, in big Scouts win

Tight game goes to Teamen in shootout

3rd period domination seals win for empire

Dreadful DC. Espions destroy Power

East battle of the bottom feeders goes to titanic; still very much alive.

Enjoy!

Matchday60_zpsb91922e8.png

Matchday 60! Only 10 to go. Here we saw;

Spikes dismantle Millionaires.

Huge 3rd period gives Superiors win.

Scouts edge birds in OT.

Rare high scoring game for Neon goes to Evergreens.

Power blow Titanic out of water

Teamen extend Towers' extraordinary losing streak

Governors win on Broadway.

Big upset as Inferno beat Espions

So with that, here are the updated standings!

Standings60_zps19b9e595.png

Here, we see the possible fall of the Blockbusters, as they only have a 4 point lead on the surging Scouts.

The under the radar Evergreens are the 2nd best team in the SLH.

Toronto's terrible streak puts them out of a playoff spot for the first time since matchday 22.

A great 5 game stretch for the Teamen puts them ahead of the New York Empire.

If the playoffs ended today:

Byes go to LA, Winnipeg, Ottawa and Montreal.

Superiors to play Spikes

Scouts to play Millionaires

Teamen to play Titanic

Power to play Empire

The best 5 teams in the past 5 games are Boston, with 10 points, Washington with 8, Calgary with 8, Winnipeg with 8 and Montreal with 7.

The worst 3 teams in the past 5 games are Toronto with 1 point, Chicago with 3, and New York with 3.

Last 10 schedules will be up tomorrow.

I've got 2 more logos here for ya. The Los Angeles Blockbusters and les Espions de Montreal. With Montreal, I can't figure out what to do with the hat; it just doesn't look right.

PS: If you don't know, Espions is Spies in French.

LosAngelesBlockbusters_zps33a6aa66.pngMontrealEspionage_zpsd4dfc02c.png

I'm coming from Montreal and I wondering why you choose that name?

I've got 2 more logos here for ya. The Los Angeles Blockbusters and les Espions de Montreal. With Montreal, I can't figure out what to do with the hat; it just doesn't look right.

PS: If you don't know, Espions is Spies in French.

LosAngelesBlockbusters_zps33a6aa66.pngMontrealEspionage_zpsd4dfc02c.png

I'm coming from Montreal and I wondering why you choose that name?

It's a big part of the team's history. In their early days, as Team Quebec, the team, in one of the most infamous moments in the league's history, did some behind the scenes illegal scouting on some of their future league counterparts. Later team owner, in another infamous moment, chose to embrace that moment and use it as their team name, rather than forgetting the name. It was, quote, very intimidating, and unquote. It has stuck over the years, and current fan believe that they have one of the best names in pro sports, but at the time, there was quite a bit of scrutiny.

Thinking of that, I have TOTALLY forgot to that whole histories phase!

Bump from 3rd page.

Thanks Peam. I haven't been at my compter for a while, but I'll try to get another matchday out today. No promises though!

Archived