Super League Hockey---- Millionaires and Governors

kevsim1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK! Now that we have those EASTEREGG FILLED last 10 schedules, we can continue. Matchday 61 is here. Enjoy!

Matchday61_zpse607b112.png

The surging Scouts pick up big W vs West's top team

With that last win by Calgary, combined with a clutch Millionaires win over Thunder Bay, Calgary passes the Superiors for spot #3 in the west.

The Expert's pick (Peam :P), LA B'Busters survive late attack by Spikes to take game 3-2.

Red Birds go into Sin City and walk out with 2 points, in huge matchup of teams battling for playoff spot

Who woulda thought that the Toronto Towers' 16 GAME LOSING STREAK would end against the league's best team, the Montreal Espions. They have dropped from their playoff position however.

The Titanic STUN the Governors with 3 3rd period goals in the final 4:56. Comeback of the year?

The Empire, in an attempt to make up ground on the surging Boston Teamen, take 2 points in the capital.

Make it 6 in a row for the Boston Teamen, poised to get some home ice advantage in the playoffs. They beat the lowly, but still very alive Jacksonville Inferno.

So with that: the standings!!!

Standings61_zps0732cc13.png

Not too much changing here. No position changes division-wise, but as stated earlier, Calgary exceeded the Thunder Bay Superiors, as the best non-division leading team in the West. The Neon, RedBirds, Towers and Inferno have some work to do, as they sit outside of playoff positions. Halifax and Arizona are just hanging on. Vancouver is anything but safe, but they occupy 5th spot in the west. If anyone wants to make predictions...on a fantasy league, you can use the following format, in which the league playoff picture currently sits as:

Byes:

LAB

WNP

OTT

MTL

RND1:

ARZ@CAL

VAN@TB

HFX@BOS

NYE@WSH

OUT:

LV

CHI

TOR

JAX.

Thanks for taking a look! Thoughts, easteregg thoughts, opinions, predictions, thoughts on that little history lesson, all appreciated. Thanks guys!

If the season ended right now Thunder Bay is in, right?

Correct. They'd even have a series against Vancouver with home ice advantage. All I was saying earlier was that the Calgary Scouts had jumped thunder bay for 3rd place in the west. In the SLH, top 6 teams in each conference make it.2 division winners get a bye, bottom 2 teams go home, leaving 4 to square off in round one. That happens in each conference.

Such a great series, kinda surprised there's no Ohio, but I'll just have to wait!

Columbus, Cincinnati and Cleveland were ALL considered for these expansions. One big reason was that it was questionable if they could still support a market, after the Columbus Cannons from 15 years back failed miserably. You never know what you'll get with the SLH though ;) .

Thanks for the kind words BTW. Really means a lot. I know it's harder for you guys to be commenting on these matchdays, I mean, what ca you do, but I promise that there'll be a lot more design coming up. Thanks for taking a look everyone!

Matchday 62 is coming up. 2 very notable matchups both include the sixth place teams, holding the last playoff spot, taking on the nagging team right below them in the standings.

#6 Arizona visits #7 Las Vegas, and #6 Halifax is in Hogtown to take on #7 Toronto. Getting intense!!!

Thanks guys

Espions probably have my favorite logo, they should have some black to make it like the stereotypical spy.

I also want them to win this season!

Well, there will be a lot more black coming in their sets.

And yeah, thats a pretty popular pick here.

It's that time again folks! Matchday 62 was a crucial one. A few streaks, some HUGE games in terms of a playoff push, a second chance for Montreal to become the SLH's first 80-point team, and we'll see if ujju gets his wish in a Neon win and a Scouts loss. Hope you enjoy!... and still nothing in terms of easter eggs?

In matchday 62:

Matchday62_zps2488db22.png

Sorry ujju, the Scouts are just too hot. They top Thunder Bay, putting the in sole possession of possession #3.

The Millionaires blank the ex-top team in the west, the Winnipeg Evergreens

Speaking of a team falling out of #1 spot, the Blockbusters pick that spot right up, with a win over the Chicago red birds.

Maybe the biggest game of the week. A must-win for Las Vegas goes their way, as instead of falling out even further, they jump Arizona to claim spot #6 for the time being.

Halifax extends their lead on Toronto. The Towers start up a brand new losing streak, 1 game after snapping their horrendous 16-gamer.

Espions crack 80 points. First team to do that, and they start to tighten up their hold on the Shield, as the league's top regular season team.

Jacksonville keeps playoff hopes alive, with win over slumping Empire.

Washington only 4 points behind Ottawa for 1st round bye now, Teamen streak ends at 6.

So based on all of that, the standings!

Standings62_zps5bdb6893.png

Only a few changes:

Blockbusters take over top spot in west, Evergreens drop to 2nd.

No tiebreaker needed to determine spot #3 in the west anymore. Scouts have sole possession, Superiors in 4th.

Spikes drop to 7th, and out of playoff spot, as Neon rise to 6th.

I hope you're enjoying this. Only 1 little tidbit I have for you: The past two matchdays, all teams have an opponent in the same conference, but the opposite division. The pacific division has 7-1 against the Midwest, only midwest wn being for the Chicago Red Birds in matchday 61, with a 1-0 win over the Las Vegas Neon.

OK. Little reminder #5 about the easter egg, so don't worry, I'm done now :).

Speaking of which, why no another matchday. #63 here.

Matchday63_zps80f64dad.png

Matchday 63:

Blockbusters crush the Millionaires, trying to keep their lead on the Pacific.

The evergreens are down to 3 straight losses, with another one against Chicago, in their push for a playoff spot.

The Scouts keep pace with LA, only 4 behind. Las Vegas picks up a crucial 1 point in their sprint for the playoffs.

Much like the Evergreens, the Superiors are on a 3 game slide of their own. Could Arizona be making a push here?

Montreal had a chance to just about clinch the division, a win would put them 12 points up on Boston, with only 14 possible points left, but even with this loss, you've gotta like where the Espions sit right now. The Teamen look to keep their lead on New York as well.

Jacksonville, now tied in points with Toronto. It would be the first time for them not in last this whole season. Not looking good for the Towers, losing 18 of 19.

Halifax fails to make points on Toronto and Jacksonville, while New York can keep pace with other teams.

Washington finishes the season 5-1 against Ottawa, with a few huge wins, yet they still trail Ottawa in the standing.

So with that, the standings!

Standings63_zpsc303e4ea.png

Arizona's back in control of 6th seed, bumping Vegas down

Neon, Red Birds, Inferno, Towers, Titanic are only teams unable to pick up 1st round bye.

Montreal is fast approaching clinching division title.

Calgary has won 7 straight games.

Hope you enjoy!

Man that win versus Vancouver was huge for LA, and wow Winnipeg got spanked by Chicago.

So who's making it? Arizona who's right back? Chicago who obviously haven't had all that much success all year, but recently have been making up ground? Las Vegas who's being held in by a league leading 11 extra time losses, but aren't particularly playing up to full potential? Can anyone catch Montreal for the Shield as regular season winners? They're up 4 on LA, but can they hold on? All questions to be decided.

Go Las Vegas! By the way, what's the exact process you use for simulations?

Is that question based on the # of OT losses for Vegas?

I draw 2 cards, each for 1 team. Highest card wins, unless they're the same card, or both face cards. If that happens, I simply draw again to determine the other time winner.

Archived