St. Daniels Logo and wordmark

paynomind

This is a logo that was made for the NCFA fantasy football team co-owned by Fusebazel and NickG.

Myself and Gravito (shiznit1083) worked on this logo back and forth intermittantly over a couple weeks. A true join design.

Unis are to follow shortly.

stdans-logo-wordmark_03.gif

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Absolutely amazing work Shiz and Payn. I love this logo.

Just a few suggestions.

- I for one, am not feeling the wordmark as much. You should try to mess around with how you formatted it.

-I think if you put a little more point on the teeth it will make it look more like a fierce bad ass, rather than a lion with stubby tusks.

Really great work! This will be one nice looking NFCA team!

This looks outstanding. Great work everyone involved.

My one suggestion would be to add more 3-dimensionality to the mane. Right now it looks like a lion face bursting through a flower. It looks like the mane is all facing forwards, instead of curving around the lion's head and flowing back somewhat.

Sharpening the fangs would help too, good call Steve-O.

Otherwise, this is crazy-cool.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

We did mess witht he face a bit on the nose-thing. The nose, mouth, teeth are all in the correct perspective to one another, but the eye seems off somehow. As if it need to have some hint of the other eye. We both tried different eye applications, and eventually it looked like it was a melthing ice-cream carving, so we scraopped it, and went back to one eye.

The teeth being more sharp is a good call. I will change that.

Steve.. talk to me more about the wordmark... what concerns you.. what do you reccomend trying? You do great wordmarks, and i'd lvoe to hear your input on it.

Sy, i'm looking at the mane, and re-reading your comments. I kinda see what you are saying, but at the same time, am having trouble coming up with a solution. the idea of the dark accents near the face, and the lighter ones further back were to give the impression of dimansion to the mane. I see the 'bursting-through-flower' idea you describe to a certain extent, but can't really come up with a solution for that. I think about the 3 dimensions, and all the 'head' lines would be behind the main part of his mane. Can you reccomend anythign specific that might make this work better to you?

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

-I think if you put a little more point on the teeth it will make it look more like a fierce bad ass, rather than a lion with stubby tusks.
My one suggestion would be to add more 3-dimensionality to the mane. Right now it looks like a lion face bursting through a flower. It looks like the mane is all facing forwards, instead of curving around the lion's head and flowing back somewhat.
That is truly amazing. I have one problem with it, though. The logo is a side profile until the end by the nose, the lion seems to slightly turn his head.

All valid points that I concur with. You need a minor tweak to help the 3/4 view that the lion's mouth has captured. All you need is a hint of the brow over the other eye. You don't need to indicate the eye though. Having the mane flow back will also help with the forward motion you have going on. Overall I love the color selection and the simplicity of the shapes and boldness of the lines. Something I struggle with at times, simplicity. Wordmark is nice, very collegiate looking. Don't have any suggestions off the top o my head. Kudos to the both of you.

Yet another solid logo. I don't know if you're open for any suggestions but I think adding a little more detail to the fur around the eyes and possibly around in the mouth would really enhance this logo. Other than that, it looks great!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

thanks for the positive comments.

Roz, I'm gonna try a brow treatment, and see if that helps. I've tried deleting the eye wholesale, and then envisioning the nose-mouth, and where the eyes should be, and it always seems to be right there. Maybe a simple brow will help.

bs - fur on the eyes and mouth... do you mean, add some jagged lines in those areas to give the impression of a softer fur surface, rather than the smooth lines there now, which imply a slicker-smoother surface?

ΓΔΒ!

bs - fur on the eyes and mouth... do you mean, add some fuzzier lines in those areas to give the impression of a softer, fur surfase, rather than the smooth lines there now, which imply a slicker-smoother surfase?

Yep, that's what I meant.

Adding a tongue and some mouth detail might be cool too. It doesn't have to be that much.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Cool stuff,

Ill be honest, im not as blown away as others, because the eye/nose needs tweaking, as has been reported.

that and i expect nothing but amazing stuff from both of you.

That said, its a fine looking logo, and you have done a nice job.

Well guys, consider this a work in progress. It's always helpful to have a second (in this case third opinion). We'll get crackalackin on it.

Thanks for the critisms guys, I (and i'm sure JR) enjoy helpful feedback.

Much improved with the hint of the opposite brow! I think the nose and mouth could be stretched out a hair to the right with a little more of the right side of the muzzle revealed. Especially around the point where the nose hits the edge. There is a tension point there that needs to be resolved IMO. I like the sharper looking teeth but prefer the older eye treatment you had in the original. Keep it up guys. ^_^

Very nice guys, the head looks much better now since the addition of the opposite brow and hint of an eye...Personally i still think the mane needs some work, but it's look much less like a flower! :P i think adding some mane to the veiwers right side of the head will give the entire logo a 3/4 view perspective, rather than just the head having that view as it seems it is now.

Hopefully i made that understandable enough, keep up the great work!

We both really appreciate all of the excellent input.. this logo will get there yet.

I think there is an offspring of the two versions we have that will look right... i think the eye and brow are great on version 2, but the mane is more pleasing on version one. With a little massaging the two designs together, i thnk we are closer that ever to having this thing working out well.

Thanks for all the input, guys, and keep it coming!!

ΓΔΒ!

Archived