George Mason Patriots Football Concept

JoHyphenE

Hello all, this is my first concept I've ever posted and I would like to hear what you all think of it. George Mason University was my school of choice because: A. It has no historical non-club football history to influence my design, making anything and everything fair game. B. My brother attends the school, which is what initially sparked my interest when I found out that they lacked a football program. and C. I thought that the color scheme (green, gold, black, and white) allowed for several jerseys as is the fad today in college football. I did not change any logos or word marks from what the school currently has. Though George Mason now plays in the A10 Conference, I have a CAA patch on the jerseys because that is the football conference of the football schools in the A10. GMU does not have any plans in the near future to have a football program implemented at the FCS level because of reasons like cost and Title IX would cause them to add or drop a sport. These uniforms are made as if GMU were to field a team within the next 3 years and Nike is their sponsor just like in basketball. (Sorry if these images are too large) Here are the uniforms:

Home:

gmuhome_zpsc9f383c3.png

Away:

gmuaway_zps5703fe05.png

I thought the star's tail would work as pants striping so I tried it here(Yellow Alternate):

gmuyellowalt_zps2fd7c9ca.png

And of course, the dreaded black uniforms and helmets (Special Event Blackout Jerseys):

gmublack_zps90e7b979.png

NOTE: Thank you to Conrad. and anyone who helped him produce the fonts used in this concept. Also a big thank you to the template creators. (Forgive me for forgetting who made them)

C+C Appreciated. Thanks!

scarvessmall_zpsc4c8e942.png

Love it love it love it. That yellow jersey is beautiful! My only complaint is that all 4 jerseys are the same, just recolored (I don't think anyone does that), but it's all good because the design is beautiful! Fantastic! I'd love to see some other non-football schools!

Striping looks nice...not sold on the number font.

But, the biggest negative is with the stars: 1) the stars on the sleeve are shooting backwards. Put the star toward the front with the trail going back. 2) the repetition if the star on the helmet and sleeves is too much. Either the helmet needs a new logo, or the sleeves need something different.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll flip the stars on the yellow alternate, but remove them from the sleeves on the rest. I'll give the home and away some TV numbers and the black jersey the same striping treatment as the pants and helmet. I may try a new number font to match the nameplate better. Updates should be up by the end of the day. Thanks, again!

So I flipped the stars on the yellow alternate and got rid of them on the other jerseys. I added the TV numbers on the home and away jerseys and I added some sleeve striping to the black alternate. I changed the number font to a more traditional block font. I think these changes have addressed the suggestions so far and have helped diversify this set.

Home:

gmuhome2_zps1ac7cf81.png

Away:

gmuaway2_zps0ed73e8c.png

Yellow Alternate:

gmuyellowalt_zps96db9faa.png

Black Alternate:

gmublack2_zps3cbf83ed.png

Let me know what you think of the changes! C+C is again appreciated, thanks!

Why is the white jersey the "home?"

Does GMU have a history of white that I don't know about? I understand that basketball teams are typically white/lighter at home, but outside of Georgia Tech, LSU and the Dallas Cowboys, not many teams wear home whites consistently.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

If some teams can do it, why can't GMU? I'd envision them wearing white for 2/3rds of the home games and yellow for the other third. Then they'd wear green on the road on all but two games, one with each of the alternates. So hypothetically in twelve games with 6 on the road and 6 at home, they'd wear white 4 times, green 4 times, yellow 3 times, and black once.

• 2 weeks later...

If some teams can do it, why can't GMU? I'd envision them wearing white for 2/3rds of the home games and yellow for the other third. Then they'd wear green on the road on all but two games, one with each of the alternates. So hypothetically in twelve games with 6 on the road and 6 at home, they'd wear white 4 times, green 4 times, yellow 3 times, and black once.

They'd have to wear their white for pretty much all away games. Home teams usually wear dark jerseys, and that leaves the white jersey for the road team.

In your home scenario, they'd wear their white jerseys 10 times in 12 games (2/3 of home games would be 4 home games, plus the 6 road games).

It would likely be - black 2 home games, gold 2 home games, green 2 homes games or something like that.

Archived