#CCSLCProblems and Glimmers of Hope

BigBubba

I usually keep it to myself, but occasionally someone else will bring up something uni/logo related and then I either feel the need to correct them and their wrongness or I go way too deep into the discussion and they think I'm a weirdo.

Example: When Ohio U opened their season against Louisville a group of friends and I watched the game at my apartment. Eventually a discussion about OU's green helmets came up. I said, "I'd like them a lot better if they had two white stripes to match the white helmets and if they weren't f****** matte." One of my friends responded with "What do you mean 'matte'?"

Then one of them said, "I really like when we wear all-black. That looks sick" I almost jumped all over that except 3 other people agreed that Ohio University football's best look is their all-black monochrome Russell Athletic garbage. I felt like the only sane person in the room.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I don't talk to enough people about sports to have any of these problems. Fortunately the one friend that I do talk to about hockey on a regular basis is also interested in the aesthetics side of things. Sometimes I'll show a bad logo or uniform to another friend, and they'll react in the most appropriate way: "What the :censored:? That's horrible."

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I usually keep the minor nitpicks to myself, but sometimes I'll mention them to my dad during a game (eg. when Florida changed to that clunky mess they call a number font), because he knows I have an interest in this kind of stuff. I'll talk about unis in general with my friends or girlfriend when watching a game, but I leave it to wether I like the team's unis or not. Though during the NCAA tournament, I went on a rant about the sleeves and zubaz shorts that Adidas trotted out for their schools, and I'm pretty sure my friends were going to call a psychiatrist. That's when I learned to keep those kinds of things to myself or at the very least, don't go too in depth to it.

Yes, that is a picture of an old man holding a cigar. I'm proud of you.

Well, you've finally crossed the threshold where poking fun is no longer fun. It's merely poking.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Two of my older brothers have/still do worked at the same local uniform manufacturer as I do so they have a pretty good sense and I can talk to them about the kind of things we talk about on here. The younger one more than the elder. But m youngest brother has just started noticing that type of thing, but has the worst sense of aesthetic I have ever seen.

Most of my friends from school know I'm a uniform nut as most of my free choice type assignments at school are sports aesthetic based but I don't talk to them about that kind of stuff

Eh, I found the Freud photo to be very apropos. If you read that post, saw that photo, and even without knowing what the man looked like didn't get it, then I don't know what to say.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

My obsession crosses over into work.....Last week hosting our HS football scoreboard show I had to mention West Brook busting out Texas A&M style jerseys for the first time, how many combinations is that? Then said to Bulldog Stadium for Clemson and UCLA....I mean Orangefield and Kelly......my friends understand I have issues.

Archived