Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - Weird Vikings idea added

oldschoolvikings

Here's a weird one... You know I love me some anthropomorphic mascots wearing helmets...

AJUNK_zpsb7e89cc2.png

Is this done in paint? Also the Ravens look fantastic.

Yeah, it's paint. I'm not sure why I'm still stuck in Paint... I have both photoshop and illustrator and was forced to learn both for work. There's just something about the primitive way I have to build an image in Paint from the pixels up that works for my creative process. Photoshop is just too easy I guess... just encouragres me to roll with the shortcuts.

Just like with actual painting (you know... with a brush on canvas), frustration breeds inspiration.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

New Patriots concept... a little on the conservative side, but I think that fits NE.

pats3_zps7b624f48.png

Love the blue face masks.

"You play to win the game...Hello. You play to win the game." - Herman Edwards

"We talkin' bout practice?" - A.I.

"What’s that? Ah — playoffs? Don’t talk about — playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game! Another game." - Jim Mora

Huh, that's actually eerily similar to this one that I posted a few months back.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/100547-gupti-football-concepts-v2-new-england-patriots-added-927/#entry2315580

Lol, I'd hardly accuse ya, though. If anything, I'll take it as accidental flattery.

Holy crap! It sure is. If you did accuse me of ripping you on that, I think you'd get a few believers. I know for myself, I was completely unaware of yours, but it is crazy how close it is. If you want me to take this down, I will.

Huh, that's actually eerily similar to this one that I posted a few months back.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/100547-gupti-football-concepts-v2-new-england-patriots-added-927/#entry2315580

Lol, I'd hardly accuse ya, though. If anything, I'll take it as accidental flattery.

Holy crap! It sure is. If you did accuse me of ripping you on that, I think you'd get a few believers. I know for myself, I was completely unaware of yours, but it is crazy how close it is. If you want me to take this down, I will.

Hey, I'd never consider it. I'll just say that I think its a good design. ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

card3_zpsiqfwbywj.png

I like the idea a lot, especially for a team like the Cardinals that hasn't traditionally worn sleeve stripes. I'd lose the yoke on the road jerseys though. It doesn't really work with the striping.

Like this?

card3_zpstgugmpov.png

Obviously, I tried it both ways. My concern with this version is that the white seemed a little empty. Not as big of a concern for the equally empty dark jersey just because the color carries so well. But, I don't know... what does everyone else think? Yoke or no yoke?

• Like 2

Definitely no yoke. The red pants will help balance the white-heavy jersey and helmet.

On a second look, I thin you might be right, although the jersey backs look a little plain. Should I try to incorporate the stripe to the back somehow?

I think the backs are fine. The front of the jersey is much more important, IMO.