NHL Nike Jerseys - Wild and Blue Jackets added

JCRGraphix

I'm actually a big fan of the new Nike Olympic Jersey template, so I decided to do the whole league using my new template. I decided to start with the original six. There's nothing too crazy here yet. They'll get more out there as they progress!

bostonbruins.pngThis one is based on the Bruins uniforms from about 1974-1995. The third is based on their gold sweaters from 1940-1944.

chicagoblackhawks.pngThese ones are self-explanatory. The third is inspired by their uniforms from the late 1920s and early 1930s.

detroitredwings.pngAgain, quite self-explanatory. I moved the hem stripe back up to unify the look. The thirds are inspired by their white uniforms from 1934-1961.

montrealcanadiens.png

You can't change the Canadiens look! The thirds are just a fantasy design I came up with.

newyorkrangers.png

The Rangers ones are very similar to the current ones. The third is based on their uniforms from the 1946-47 season.

torontomapleleafs.png

The Maple Leafs unis are based on their alternates from 2008-2011, which were themselves based on the uniforms from 1958-1967. The third is inspired by their original uniforms from 1927.

C/C?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are all great Jordan. Love the template, and you did a great job of translating these classic looks to a modern template.

I have one small problem with the NY third though. I've seen it in a few of your designs, and it's just a big pet peeve of mine. There is a big difference between warping numbers using arc and arch, and typing on a curve. I think the look you're going for on the Rangers third is better accomplished typing on a curve. Here's what I mean:

7zvlPx0.jpg

From the looks of it, you are warping your type using arc in Photoshop, but I think it would look better if you created an oval path, and typed along it. Personally I think it would improve the concept. If you knew all this already, I apologize, just trying to help out.

But, overall, great work!

I like the idea, but if you're going to do that, you need to "dull them down", most are too close to the existing NHL jerseys.

That's just because they are the original six! Head would explode over them changing and this is a realistic project.

First, here is the template for everybody to use https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6ugLlBbsmhQTjVMYjB2TlBVd1k/edit?usp=sharing

Up next are the first expansion teams, and leading off are the Pittsburgh Penguins. Their uniforms bring back the old sport gold, and relegate the vegas gold to an alternate role. These jerseys also feature the return of the robo-penguin! The jerseys are based on the Pens uniforms from the 1980s and 1990s.

pittsburghpenguins.png

These are all great Jordan. Love the template, and you did a great job of translating these classic looks to a modern template.

I have one small problem with the NY third though. I've seen it in a few of your designs, and it's just a big pet peeve of mine. There is a big difference between warping numbers using arc and arch, and typing on a curve. I think the look you're going for on the Rangers third is better accomplished typing on a curve. Here's what I mean:

7zvlPx0.jpg

From the looks of it, you are warping your type using arc in Photoshop, but I think it would look better if you created an oval path, and typed along it. Personally I think it would improve the concept. If you knew all this already, I apologize, just trying to help out.

But, overall, great work!

This is great feedback! I'm currently using GIMP 2.8, however I should be getting CS6 in the next few weeks, so I'll give it a try on there once I get it! These are warped using GIMP's text along path tool.

I like a lot of these...and that's the problem.

To be a Nike Olympics jersey style, these need to be:

dulled way down, or,

Made way too crazy

Maybe some sets with both, a la Russia.

This series, while good, seems to be away from the purpose...because I love that Bruins third and that Detroit set way too much for this to be Nike Olympic stuff.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I think I'll change the title to Nike NHL when I get home, because I don't want it to be too limited by the ridiculous designs that are being used in the Olympics. I want this to be someyhing the NHL would do if they used this template.

This is great feedback! I'm currently using GIMP 2.8, however I should be getting CS6 in the next few weeks, so I'll give it a try on there once I get it! These are warped using GIMP's text along path tool.

Awesome! I've never used GIMP much, so I don't know how to go about it in that program. But once you get Photoshop, you'll be laughing..

One other bit of feedback. It seems like Nike has a love for shoulder numbers. You might want to try those out on a few teams.

I might try out this template too, I've been dreaming up a hockey concept for awhile now, time to make it a reality.

Up next are the St. Louis Blues. This one is based on a previous concept I made. Since I've gotten a bit of feedback, I've simplified this one by removing any hem stripes. It felt odd at first, but it's growing on me. C/C?

stlouisblues.png

Up next are the St. Louis Blues. This one is based on a previous concept I made. Since I've gotten a bit of feedback, I've simplified this one by removing any hem stripes. It felt odd at first, but it's growing on me. C/C?

stlouisblues.png

You beat me to posting an almost identical Blues concept as your alternate. Always liked that logo.

You beat me to posting an almost identical Blues concept as your alternate. Always liked that logo.

It's a pretty cool one! Underrated in my opinion.

I tell ya, i think that the Blues have had one of the bests logo sets in any sport throughout history. You've got that beautiful trumpet logo that I would LOVE to see back, you've got the timeless primary, the new alternate with the arch that I think that it and the weagle are the best alts in hockey.

I am desperately trying to find a way to include this:

stltrumpetjersey.jpg

Up next is the first team to be truly Nike-ed. The color scheme for these ones is one I used previously for a concept. It is a very lively scheme based on their original "Forum Blue" and Gold with the Gold replaced by LA Electric Limon.

losangeleskings.png

Archived