New York Jets modernization-concept

oldschoolvikings

Well, I think it's a pretty common thought on these boards that the Jets' jersey is a very bad fit for the latest templates, and has been for a while. I was just trying to think a little bit out of the box here... how to keep the basic feel of the classic, with the contrasting sleeves and all. I also wanted to dump that drab green. The logo incorporates the original cartoony jet logo, and the jersey wordmark is from the 70s/80s helmet. Anyway, let me know what you think.

jet1_zps83aec7f2.png

I like the concept. This would give them a distinctive jersey and the striping matches the helmet.

One thing I noticed is that your TV numbers are backwards in three of the four looks. By backwards I mean that the green jersey's number is 54 but on the shoulders it would have to read 45. Same with 20 and 87.

award%20sig.png

One thing I noticed is that your TV numbers are backwards in three of the four looks. By backwards I mean that the green jersey's number is 54 but on the shoulders it would have to read 45. Same with 20 and 87.

I think you can overlook that. Anyways, great concept but I love the gang green as a color for the Jets.

I like the concept. This would give them a distinctive jersey and the striping matches the helmet.

Oh, damn... you're right. Makes me wonder how often I do that!

Edit - OK... fixed it.

This is top-notch. The only thing I'm not sold on is the helmet. I feel like the logo and stripes don't quite flow.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

The bottom stripes on the sleeves throws the whole thing off. I think if you simply kept the sleeves the same color as the jersey, and left only the stripes, it would be perfect.

Well, I was trying to keep the idea from the current jersey that the sleeves contrast the jersey... to me, that's kind of the signature of the Jets uniform.

• 2 weeks later...

Any Jets logo that's an actual plane should be futuristic-looking. Ironically, the example that came to my mind was the XB-70 Valkyrie...

North_American_XB-70_Valkyrie_VII.jpg

...a design that flew in the early '60s.

Maybe some detail to the jet? It looks like a hybrid of two different aircraft. Or maybe sweep back the wings a bit?

I agree that's a pretty derpy looking jet, but it isn't mine. I was just trying to incorporate this logo...

jetsfitted-wht-full.jpg

Archived