NFL - 32 animal logos

STL_ArchMadness

The San Diego chargers are not on the list

Charger I believe is a type of horse. They do have a horse logo too.

Charger isn't a horse, and the horse logo is from the 60's and 70's, don't get me wrong they use to have a horse alternate but charger itself, is not a horse.

Just another one to back up my last link :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destrier

third paragraph states the three types of horses were known as Chargers. So the breed may not be known as a Charger, but their nicknames if you will is Chargers

oh sorry, my dad always told me they had to do with electricity.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Charger isn't a horse, and the horse logo is from the 60's and 70's, don't get me wrong they use to have a horse alternate but charger itself, is not a horse.

third paragraph states the three types of horses were known as Chargers. So the breed may not be known as a Charger, but their nicknames if you will is Chargers

I think they kind of went with a little of both. With the first logos they had I'm sure they wanted a little of both of a medieval horse, and the lightning that you see mainly used today.

I think they kind of went with a little of both. With the first logos they had I'm sure they wanted a little of both of a medieval horse, and the lightning that you see mainly used today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Diego_Chargers , read "AFL Begins"

- New Orleans Saints = New Orleans Crocs

"Crocs" makes no sense for New Orleans. Gators? Yes. But not Crocs. However, I suggest staying away from the reptiles altogether and going with a Saint Bernard dog. In fact, the Saints already have a Saint Bernard mascot: Gumbo.

new+orleans+saints+gumbo+mascot.jpg

i actually really like this for many reasons

I feel like the red and blue should be swapped on the Rhino's head. Maybe not fully, but the gray rhino skin might look better with blue highlights instead of red. Red/gray can be a jarring combo.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The Rhino logo is fine as is. If anything, change the red to scarlet. We've got a lot of snakes in Texas, so why not use one for Dallas? Armadillos is among the most overused mascots down here, along with longhorns, shorthorns and steers. If you keep Toros, put a ring in the bull's nose. Not many like that.

2u478ua.jpg

I really like this logo but feel that the thin white stroke used on the interior head detail is unnecessary.

I don't understand what is going on in the area below the neck. The logo with the wordmark doesn't have that bit, and makes more sense.

rATMcmK.png

Archived