Updated Fantasy football logos

WideRight

I design most of the logos for the fantasy football league I have been in since 1986. We try to maintain a level of realism by requiring teams be in large markets and have reasonable names (not the usual bad pun names most leagues seem to have).

Well, for several years many of our teams have had logos based on (copied from) real sports logos or other sources (Green Arrow logo, for example) but I wanted to fix this, so I have gone team by team and eliminated the borrowed logos, creating new logos for each team.

First up, my own team, the Charlotte Knights

Primary

2014CHAKnightsLogo_zpsbc4a2ef9.jpg

Secondary, with a reference to the year of the team founding and our 6 championships.

2014CHASecondary_zps12cd069a.jpg

and the helmet

2014CHATheHelmet_zps849a24c0.jpg

Next up is one of the Central Division's toughest teams, the Memphis Rebels. Their former logo was based on the Ottawa Renegades. I went a totally different way with the new one, opting for a 'flag waving" rebellion to remove a bit of the "confederate" element from the brand of the team.

Primary

2014MEMPrimary_zps9765ac9c.jpg

Secondary

2014MEMSecondary_zps031aa05c.jpg

Wordmark

2014MEMMark_zpsda619972.jpg

Helmet

2014MEMTheHelmet_zps2e1b5c2f.jpg

No complaints except for the Memphis Rebels wordmark. Majority of it looks faded except for the bottom part of the outline and the word "MEMPHIS". I think Memphis has the better Primary but that Charlotte alt is fantastic. Great work

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Gosh, this is awesome. I absolutely love the Charlotte bursting stripes helmet and wish that were a real team.

...I'm starting to wonder if I could commission you to do my own team... (And yes, I have a serious name for mine. I've done uniforms and a basic logo, but this stuff is so good...)

A further, minor suggestion: save as PNG. That way the backgrounds are transparent and the artifacts don't show up. It's cleaner.

Two more CFFL Teams with original logos.

First up, the Kansas Twisters, owned by a Dolphins fan and relocated from Jacksonville (via Columbus, OH). I say this so that you might understand why a team based in Kansas has Aqua & Orange as its color scheme.

Wordmark

2014KANMark_zps296c5af1.jpg

Main Logo

2014KANPrimary_zpsf205b026.jpg

Helmet

2014KANTheHelmet_zps5eadb439.jpg

And the Las Vegas Gamblers. The old primary logo was a copy of the San Antonio Texans from the CFL's short-lived US expansion. Used to have the LV logo as a secondary, moved it to primary and added the new poker chip secondary logo.

Wordmark

2014LASMark_zps0f5218da.jpg

Primary

2014LASPrimary_zps4978012c.jpg

Secondary

2014LASSecondary_zps170610a7.jpg

Helmet

2014LASTheHelmet_zpsfcb2057d.jpg

Two more brands today. We are going to go with the two franchises which have never relocated or been renamed since their birth in 1986.

The Orlando Panthers.

Main Logo

2014ORLPrimary_zpsd3e69065.jpg

Wordmark

2014ORLMark_zpsc03eb32a.jpg

Helmet

2014ORLTheHelmet_zps2cc442b2.jpg

The Oakland Terrors

Main Logo

2014OAKPrimary_zps8102f90d.jpg

Secondary Logo/Wordmark

2014OAKMark_zps2406cdbc.jpg

Helmet

2014OAKTheHelmet_zps7ce596d4.jpg

And, yes, there is some borrowing in Oakland, from the Tennessee Titans (Flames) and New Orleans VooDoo (Skull), but I like it so much that I just cannot get myself to redo it.

Ah the Continental Fantasy Football League. Louisville Kings. Salt Lake City Bards and the Vrahoritis Cup. I always wondered what happened to you guys. Used to love reading your stuff online!

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Archived