World Football League (Sun Added 2/19/2014)

BrianVlietDesign

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the heads up about the first page. I found them.

Man, those London unis are simply beautiful. To be so modern they have a very classic look to them. I especially dig the use of the cross on the shoulders. On top of that, you gave VY a job. You're a good man. I take it Tebow is employed somewhere too, right? LOL

Patchez, those patches are pretty awesome! They look so real.

Thanks for the heads up about the first page. I found them.

Man, those London unis are simply beautiful. To be so modern they have a very classic look to them. I especially dig the use of the cross on the shoulders. On top of that, you gave VY a job. You're a good man. I take it Tebow is employed somewhere too, right? LOL

Patchez, those patches are pretty awesome! They look so real.

Thank you! Blitz are coming. They'll be up by the end of the weekend. Every team will have a player featured on the uniforms now. So, I will finish up the clubs I have left and go back to the first 4 and assign them players.

And yes, Tebow is employed by his hometown, Florida Blazers who will be in next week's match against the Southern California Sun.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Alright, last up for this week's matchup is JeMarcus Russell and the Milwaukee Blitz. I chose to go with a more traditional design for this team's uniforms. Milwaukee is a blue collar type of town and I wanted the uniforms to have that same sort of traditional look even though their colors are vibrant. I also used yellow and blue as a nod to the Milwaukee Brewers.

Home

BlitzHome.png

Away

BlitzAway.png

The Sun are coming soon?! Color me excited. Love that team.

The Blitz look great. Those colors really pop. It's sort of a fresh take on double blue and it works. I gotta admit I was hoping you would bring back the Birmingham helmet in some way but all selfish desires aside, this is another stellar set.

I'm not sure how much of a blue-collar town Milwaukee really is anymore, but I love the colors... they remind me so much of the lakefront. I also just noticed the M hidden in the logo... love it!

Three weeks into the season and the team in Southern California decide to pin point their specific location. They play in Anaheim, but because they're in the Los Angeles metropolitan area they chose a name with a potential large market draw. They are now the Los Angeles Sun and here is their logo.

LASun1.png

All looks good. As a So-Cal native I will say I like the Sun logo. I have one thought (minor) the Font reminds me of the Phoenix Suns during the 90s. Wondering if this was maybe even the inspiration or something you had in mind when drawing this up.

In the land where the Lakers are supreme, imagery for any sports team in the region that draws to close to a Laker rival might have some trouble in this town.

7fe6a713-a81f-4ac9-b995-837498cd0466_zps

All looks good. As a So-Cal native I will say I like the Sun logo. I have one thought (minor) the Font reminds me of the Phoenix Suns during the 90s. Wondering if this was maybe even the inspiration or something you had in mind when drawing this up.

In the land where the Lakers are supreme, imagery for any sports team in the region that draws to close to a Laker rival might have some trouble in this town.

I'm glad you like the logo. As for the typeface, yes this was something I had in mind. I tried it with the original typeface the club was using during the 1970s. But, with the new logo it didn't transition well at all. With this new typeface, though, I wanted something more modern for a football team. Even the colors are different than the original logo's colors.

Original

5916.gif

Archived