World Football League (Sun Added 2/19/2014)

BrianVlietDesign

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love how outside the box these concepts are. The only thing I'd change is the color of the sash on the dark jersey. The numbers would stand out more if they were white and the sash was green.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how outside the box these concepts are. The only thing I'd change is the color of the sash on the dark jersey. The numbers would stand out more if they were white and the sash was green.

I actually tried your suggestion during the uniform process and it didn't flatter me to be honest. For some reason what I have as the final product just felt more natural in balance.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Not a big fan of this one. The full body knight just doesn't work. It might not look that great on a helmet, especially from a distance. I think something like the Argonauts logo of the warrior holding the shield might work better. I think only seeing the knight from the chest up like Toronto's logo will make a difference. The full torso requires too much detail that, again might get lost when smaller(helmet, clothing, etc). It might help deal with all that empty space currently in the logo too.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/65pqjxsgg5f6yv4go3zrgz50u/Toronto_Argonauts/1995/Primary_Logo

I do like the use of a circle to hold it all together and the way the shield connects with it off-center as well. I also like the colors here. So glad you didn't go red/white/blue. The font is nice aside from the awkward lowercase D. Lots of potential for this one, I just think it's too much logo, if that makes sense.

Not a big fan of this one. The full body knight just doesn't work. It might not look that great on a helmet, especially from a distance. I think something like the Argonauts logo of the warrior holding the shield might work better. I think only seeing the knight from the chest up like Toronto's logo will make a difference. The full torso requires too much detail that, again might get lost when smaller(helmet, clothing, etc). It might help deal with all that empty space currently in the logo too.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/65pqjxsgg5f6yv4go3zrgz50u/Toronto_Argonauts/1995/Primary_Logo

I do like the use of a circle to hold it all together and the way the shield connects with it off-center as well. I also like the colors here. So glad you didn't go red/white/blue. The font is nice aside from the awkward lowercase D. Lots of potential for this one, I just think it's too much logo, if that makes sense.

I get what you're saying. I thought it was a lot to show a half figure of the knight. But, I'm working with the helmet now and frankly it doesn't look bad. I'll have to post it once uniforms are finished. I do have a secondary and potential third logo in the works with the uniforms so we'll see how it goes during the final process. But, personally think the logo looks ok from a simplistic standpoint. I tried to simplify details of the uniform and helmet and added the shield to balance his figure.

Ok, so I went back and made some edits to the logo. I made the knight bigger, eliminating some of that negative space. I made some slight changes to his stature and outfit. The last edit was the D on the Crusaders word mark. It has been made into a capital D.

LondonCrusaders1-1.png

Also, here is the secondary...

LondonCrusaders2-1.png

You know what, I take it back. Eliminating all that negative space made a big difference. The secondary is nice as well. The wordmark does look much better now. I think the final test will be to see the primary on a smaller canvas like a helmet. So far so good.

I like the colors for the Blitz. Not too many bright colors in football so that is nice to see. Is the logo supposed to be both the letter B and M?

I agree. I was inspired by both the former Oakland Invaders and Birmingham Bolts on this design. Also, yes, very observant on the B & M.

I like the colors for the Blitz. Not too many bright colors in football so that is nice to see. Is the logo supposed to be both the letter B and M?

I agree. I was inspired by both the former Oakland Invaders and Birmingham Bolts on this design. Also, yes, very observant on the B & M.
Yeah my first thought was Birmingham. Those helmets! *squeals like a girl*

Thanks. I saw it right away. I do have to say the line you have separating the two parts makes the whole look a bit off. Might I suggest leaving that as negative space instead.

Edit: you posted the full logo set as I was typing so disregard that last statement. The line I was talking about makes sense now looking at the font. That font is wild but it's really cool.

Are you going to post the primary and secondary logos for Portland and Virginia? Away from the uniform set like you did for the others?

Are you going to post the primary and secondary logos for Portland and Virginia? Away from the uniform set like you did for the others?

Check the front page, first post. They're with the club names.

That font is wild but it's really cool.

Thanks! It's actually a typeface I designed for a college class.

Archived