Cardinals

Rams (Los Angeles)

Seahawks

Oregon*

*expansion teams

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the alignment, but I'm not crazy on some of the names.

One change I'd make - keep the Rams in STL and make the expansion team in LA instead of moving the Rams. Yes, I know that the old timers get dizzy off the idea of moving the Rams back to the West Coast, but the team's had its best success in STL, going to two Super Bowls and winning one. The Warner-Faulk era is just too good to ignore.

Plus, STL tends to be a Cardinals-first town, but the Rams still have a fanbase. On the flip side, I also think you'd have better luck with a fresh start in LA than bringing back a team that hasn't been there for 20 years.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I like it for the most part. you shouldn't have a team in mexico city. Football wouldn't catch on there. I suggest a team for the dakotas.

Or Calgary, or Toronto.

Mexico City has further issues, like the drug cartels and water supply.

87Redskins.png

I like it for the most part. you shouldn't have a team in mexico city. Football wouldn't catch on there. I suggest a team for the dakotas.

Or Calgary, or Toronto.

Nit-picky here, but a team in Mexico/Canada would require a league name change to the "International Football League."

The teams you have in place are alright. The names are a little lacking, IMO.

I'd move Nevada to Salt Lake to spread things out geographically. It's like Denver's been quarantined for some reason :lol: Maybe the Salt Lake Mountaineers instead? Or you could go the Area 51 route.

I'd also move Orlando into South Carolinas - you've got plenty of teams in Florida as is. Maybe the South Carolina Admirals or the Rebels?

You may as well keep the Rams in St. Louis, though. Start fresh out west. There's loads of great names you can pull from. LA Quakes/Tremors, for example.

Or Calgary, or Toronto.

Nit-picky here, but a team in Mexico/Canada would require a league name change to the "International Football League."

I'd move Nevada to Salt Lake to spread things out geographically. It's like Denver's been quarantined for some reason :lol: Maybe the Salt Lake Mountaineers instead? Or you could go the Area 51 route.

I'd also move Orlando into South Carolinas - you've got plenty of teams in Florida as is. Maybe the South Carolina Admirals or the Rebels?

You may as well keep the Rams in St. Louis, though. Start fresh out west. There's loads of great names you can pull from. LA Quakes/Tremors, for example.

Yeah SLC is never going to get a NFL team. I'd love it, but the whole Sunday thing would be a huge roadblock.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

I don't think adding a team outside the USA would automatically force a name change. Branding is very important.

Exactly. It's TOO important, that's why it won't happen.

Or Calgary, or Toronto.

Yeah SLC is never going to get a NFL team. I'd love it, but the whole Sunday thing would be a huge roadblock.

COMPLETELY forgot about that. Great point. Maybe New Mexico? You could easily market for Albuquerque.

Perhaps, but the Utah Jazz play on Sundays to a packed house. Mormons must be able to adjust. BYU is a Mormon school so I can see how their athletics could be affected. However, pro franchises are not religious based and have drawn extremely well despite the Mormon influence throughout the state.

Why couldn't Utah have football on Sundays? They have basketball on Sundays.

Mormons STRONGLY prefer to keep Sunday for the Lord. BYU runs into this issue a lot.

In what rule was ever established that called for a "forced name change". It's absolutely outlandish to actually believe that's a rule.

You don't see an American CFL team, do you? It's simple semantics, not a personal preference.

There actually was American expansion into the CFL at one point. The league never changed their name.

lots to chime in on

first, the nfl would NOT change its name if they moved into London, Toronto, Mexico City, Tokeyo, or Luxemburgh. The NHL and NBA are both international, so just let that go.

second, the St Louis ducks?????? im gonna try and unsee that, really dude, thats just stupid

though at least finally keeping a team in st louis seems ok now with the proposed teams in such population dense markets as calgary, oklahoma city, lincoln, and freakin bizmark.....really?

Archived