NFL realignment

bbb

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a nice idea, but you wind up losing too many rivalries. Why not keep the West Coast as one conference without moving the Rams? Arizona's already right there.

EDIT: What you're really proposing is four new teams. You could go 8, one for each existing division, and wouldn't have to realign anything.

I agree that the NFC Central and the AFC central don't make much sense. Both geographically and historically, it would work better if Minnesota and Detroit stayed in the NFC and keeping the Steelers and Browns in the AFC.

Also not a huge fan of Dallas in the AFC, just doesn't seem right to me. I also don't like that the Chargers or the Raiders, founding members of the AFL and AFC are being moved to the NFC.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I like derschwigg's idea as well.

AFC North:

Bengals

Browns

Steelers

Ravens

Toronto*

AFC East:

Bills

Dolphins

Jets

Patriots

Albany (NY)*

AFC South:

Colts

Jaguars

Titans

Texans

Arkansas*

AFC West:

Broncos

Chargers

Chiefs

Raiders

Nevada*

NFC North:

Bears

Lions

Packers

Vikings

South Dakota*

NFC East:

Cowboys

Eagles

Giants

Redskins

South Carolina*

NFC South:

Buccaneers

Falcons

Panthers

Saints

Oklahoma*

NFC West:

49ers

Cardinals

Rams

Seahawks

Nebraska*

* = denotes expansion team

I think Mexico City is a much better choice than the Dakotas. The couple of exhibition games in Mexico City have set NFL attendance records. Besides, the entire population of both Dakotas combined is 1.5 million. That would mean that 1 out of every 20 people in the both states would have to come to the games in order to fill up a 75,000 seat stadium. Realistically, there's no way you're going to see that. I feel like Portland and Salt Lake City would both be much better markets.

I'm interested to see how this pans out.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

I'm sorry but having a Team in Toronto and Calgary, while removing a team in St. Louis doesnt make sense to me. Leave Canada out of it just to be safe. We have our CFL, 2 NFL teams coming in (especially one replacing the oldest professional sports team in North America, the Toronto Argonauts) would screw up a lot of things. A team in Monterrey Mexico may be a better choice than Mexico City. Calgary's team should be either Las Vegas or Portland. Oklahoma is Fine, Toronto's team should move to Quebec City if you really want to include Canada in it.

What about this?

AFC North:

Bengals

Browns

Steelers

Ravens

Columbus*

AFC East:

Bills

Dolphins

Jets

Patriots