NFL realignment

bbb

in this moment l'm making a logo for the portland (oregon) kings. l gave them the name kings because l read an article who says that a team called seattle kings never played a down. l took the name in oregon, which is close to seattle. is it a good idea?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh huh... Well, it's a logo.

Purple is never good skin tone for a logo resembling a person. It makes it look like they're choking or can't breathe.

Why's he look sad? The eyebrows are pointing the wrong way, making him look sad he has to go play, or sad because he can't breathe and will die. His eyes also seem a little big and his pupils look really small: The blue stands out too much and do not go with the color scheme. Also, it looks like he has a lazy right eye. Adjust the height of his right pupil as well.

The red "jewels" on the crown - and the crown itself, for that matter - do not match the overall color scheme. Either have purple & yellow, or purple and vegas gold. Not both.

Your outlines are inconsistent in width. Consistency is key. There also seems to be a thin white line around your outline as well. I'd clean them up as well.

Looks like it's back to the drawing board. I think a simple crown logo would work out pretty good as well. The name could also be changed to the Portland Kings, but it's your concept. Just trying to help out. I'd like to see an update though!

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I'd avoid making a team named the Ducks entirely. Ducks is a stupid name for a mascot, honestly, and it only works for TWO and exactly TWO teams:

Oregon - they have ridiculous amounts of Nike money, there are actually Ducks all over Eugene, OR and because they pretty much march to a different drummer at UO. A quirky name like Ducks just sort of fits.

Anaheim - because they were created by Walt Disney (more or less), and despite recent attempts to re-brand the team I still am in love with that Duck goalie mask logo from D2. Plus, they had an animated series with anthropomorphic ducks who fought crime and played hockey.

In both cases, the teams have a Disney affiliation (the original UO mascot was modeled after Donald Duck on a handshake from Walt himself), and UO also has the Nike money. Unless your upstart team can get some crazy corporate sponsorship that will pour Donald Trump levels of money into marketing and branding, the name Ducks will never,,, um... fly without some serious buy-in from the media.

Also, your uniforms are basically a rip off of the Miami Hurricanes with Miami Dolphins pants. Given that your avatar is a 'Phins logo, I'm guessing you pretty much got the "ducks" vibe off UM's Sebastian the Ibis mascot.

----------------------

Edit, just saw the Kings logos. Honestly, I'd keep working on honing your logo skills a bit. Your ideas for the concept of alignment aren't bad, but creating clip art for team branding really undercuts your argument.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Kings works for Seattle because they're in King County. Kings for Portland? Not so much.

I would try to steer clear of taking a nickname you like and then plugging it into another city that has no connection with that name. When I think of Portland I think of "the Rose City," lumberjacking, pioneering and exploring. All good places to start for a nickname. With St. Louis, things that first come to mind are "the Gateway to the West," the Gateway Arch, the Mississippi River, steamboats, and the Lewis and Clark expedition. There's plenty of interesting possibilities there.

sorry bobster but l'm not american and l don't live in the usa so l don't know very well the traditions, monuments….

Google/Wikipedia does wonders when it comes to concept research.

As far as a different name suggestion for Portland, Thorns, Lumberjacks, Pioneers (Portland Pioneers sounds pretty good), Explorers.

With St. Louis, Explorers could also work here as well as Archers, Gateways, Steamers/Steamboats, or Rivermen. St. Louis Steamers sounds like a decent possibility as well as the Portland Pioneers.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

sorry bobster but l'm not american and l don't live in the usa so l don't know very well the traditions, monuments….

No apology is necessary, the suggestion to look up each city on Wikipedia is a good one, you can also get a good idea by looking at the names of current and defunct teams from the various cities.

Portland- doesnt have stadium, but I can see this happening because the only pro frnachise they have is the Blazers

Salt Lake- again doesn't have a stadium but it does have college level popularity with the BYU cougars, Utes and Aggies

Orlando- has the Citrus Bowl, but I question futility of of the Florida market with four teams, there were rumors of the Jaguars moving out of Jacksonville

Okalhoma-?? is a college hot bed in popularity, but no stadium

Los Angeles- expansion team or relocate the Rams or Raiders

St.Louis- see Los Angeles sans the Raiders moving there

I cant see..the Dakotas or South Carolina, Albany, Nevada, or Nebraska...

in this moment l'm making a logo for the portland (oregon) kings. l gave them the name kings because l read an article who says that a team called seattle kings never played a down. l took the name in oregon, which is close to seattle. is it a good idea?

I know you're not American, but know that 2 cities 6+ hours away from each other have nothing in common. I mean hell Philly and New York City are completely different.

Archived