Coach K to the Lakers?

gbasalmon

There's any number of former/current Dukie players/assistants who would probably jump at the gig - Quin Snyder, Tommy Amaker, Johnnie Dawkins, and the David Henderson - but I personally think they should go with Steve Wojciechowski, for obvious reasons...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

Larry Brown seemed to do well. Maybe those other coaches mentioned....SUCK.

let's check.....

PJ Carlesimo = SUCK, and get choked

Rick Pitino = Celtic-suck-face

Jerry Tarkanian = Bite my towel and SUCK

John Calipari = Suck like there's no tomorrow.

I think coach K would do fine in the NBA. Who would be in line for his jorb at DUKE?

If someone says Bobby Knight, i'm gonna scream.

PJ championship game appearance in 1989.

Rick Pitino championship with Kentucky in 1995 and final four appearance with Providence.

Tark led the UNLV rebels to an undefeated season and national championship.

Calipari made UMass a national power and reached the final four.

If they suck what do u make of Krueger and Hamilton, they didn't win squat.

PS Bobby Knight would make an AWESOME pro coach. He has the B@lls to stand up to pro players and to put the fear of god in anyone.

He's not disputing the job they did in college, he's saying that a good college coach doesn't necessarily make a good pro coach (and probably vice-versa as well).

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

He's not disputing the job they did in college, he's saying that a good college coach doesn't necessarily make a good pro coach (and probably vice-versa as well).

Well in that case why is he so sure coach K will do well with the Lakers?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Personally i think Coach K is a better coach then those other guys. Who really knows though. It's interesting to talk about it, but opinions are just that....opinions, not fact. I mean if you would have told me Phil Jackson would Three Peat 3 times with two different teams, i would have said you are on crack. That is when he took over for Doug Collins.

i don't know who coach k is because i don't follow college however since he would have the lakers he shouldn't have much of a problem coaching. Personally i believe Bobby Knight would make an awsome NBA coach. SOrta be like the Parcells of the NBA. He certainly has turned around that team from texas, i think UT or is it Tech? which ever he has done a good job.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

i don't know who coach k is because i don't follow college however since he would have the lakers he shouldn't have much of a problem coaching. Personally i believe Bobby Knight would make an awsome NBA coach. SOrta be like the Parcells of the NBA. He certainly has turned around that team from texas, i think UT or is it Tech? which ever he has done a good job.

Knight coaches Texas Tech and was one of Krzyzewski's mentors as they both went to West Point.

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

It will work out best for both IMO. The guys been at the same college for 24 years. No recent pro experience. Best of luck to him!

the Lakers, if they are gonna reach back to where they were, wanna try and get someone with pro experience for now. not many of those around at the moment though! George Karl, erm well erm one or two other failures! not much around to pick from unless they wanna go down the real veteran list of Pat Riley and Rudy TJ.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

A chance at pro coaching, and $8mil US a year? I'd take that in an instant.....and if you fail, you can always go back. I wouldn't decide that.

He's a god at Duke...he'll never have as much control of the Lakers as he does now with the Blue Devils.

As incredible a coach he is, the college and pro games have become so vastly different, I don't know if he could be happy or successful at the pro level. Its a lot easier to mold players to your system when they're a bunch of high school kids that haven't already been coached to death and that don't earn enough money to be able afford to ignore you. Then again, $8M might be enough to make him more comforatable with the difference...

That said, there have been rumblings that he might be getting unhappy with Duke's situation, like the ACC's shift to football and Duke administration dragging its feet on new team facilities.

Archived