Coach K to the Lakers?

gbasalmon

Great, wonderful... ESPN is reporting that Coach K and the Lakers are in "serious negotiations" for K to replace Philip as the Lakers coach. Excellent, the evil empires that are the Lakers and Duke combine. On the upside, maybe Duke will cease to be Duke and they will also cease to be on TV more than Leave It To Beaver reruns ... or not.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

For the sake of those of us who don't know who you're talking about, who the hell is "Coach K"?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Coach K is Mike Krzyzewski, Head Basketball Coach of the Duke Men's Basketball Program.

For a while I thought it was Bobby Knight.

Never heard of Mike Kwatever. Then again, if it's NCAA, I purposefully avoid it.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

For the sake of those of us who don't know who you're talking about, who the hell is "Coach K"?

Ok, I dunno how to spell it, but Mike (shoo-shev-ski) is the head coach at Duke University, the loved or hated team of college basketball, the Lakers or the Yankees of College Basketball.

If he leaves, it will certainly hurt Duke recruiting some, and therefore probably there super prominence in College Basketball. I can't imagine they'll fall completely though.

I'm not a big Duke fan at all...or a Laker fan...

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!! :cursing:

Coach K should take a look at other super mega coaching stars in college and how they fared in the NBA.

PJ Carlesimo - Blazers, Warriors

Rick Pitino - Celtics

Jerry Tarkanian - Spurs

John Calipari - Nets

and the guy from the university of miami that coached the wizards. a little help?

Coach K should take a look at other super mega coaching stars in college and how they fared in the NBA.

Rick Pitino - Celtics

Jerry Tarkanian - Spurs

John Calipari - Nets

and the guy from the university of miami that coached the wizards. a little help?

Becuase of those failures I think when Coach K thinks everything out he will stay at Duke. I dont think he will be good in the NBA.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

all i can say is GOOD RIDDANCE

without their golden boy coach the Dukies wont have the media in their pocket nearly as much, and the wont be able to simply import half the mcdonalds all american team every year.

LETS GO TERPS!!!!

Azzuri.gif

Larry Brown seemed to do well. Maybe those other coaches mentioned....SUCK.

let's check.....

PJ Carlesimo = SUCK, and get choked

Rick Pitino = Celtic-suck-face

Jerry Tarkanian = Bite my towel and SUCK

John Calipari = Suck like there's no tomorrow.

I think coach K would do fine in the NBA. Who would be in line for his jorb at DUKE?

If someone says Bobby Knight, i'm gonna scream.

If someone says Bobby Knight, i'm gonna scream.

I, for one, would absolutely love to see Bobby Knight come and push NBA players (ESPECIALLY the Lakers) around the way he does his college players.

How much fun would it be to see Shaq get screamed at and headbutted every time he missed a free throw? And just think about the press conferences. I think it's a perfect fit.

Rick Pitino - Celtics

Jerry Tarkanian - Spurs

John Calipari - Nets

Lon Krueger from Illinois coached (kinda) the Hawks for I think 2 years. He built Illinois to where it is today. (Ok Bill Self and Lou Henson, but there were some bad years between Lou and Lon) So chalk another one against college coaches. Plus I know its another sport...but Steve Spurier. IDIOT!

I almost mentioned Lon. Lon really did revitalize the Illini to some extent, but he left for the NBA too soon to keep too much credit. Then Self really had an oppurtunity to have success with the Illini and have it been his own doing, but he jumped ship to Kansas, so now we have a great and loyal coach in Bruce Weber.

I think coach K would do fine in the NBA. Who would be in line for his jorb at DUKE?

Quin Snyder, assuming the NCAA investigation at Mizzou hasn't tainted him too much.

Archived