Northern Arizona Univ. Lumberjacks new logos

stumpygremlin

If they left the lumberjack out of this, I'd be infinitely happier about the rebrand. The nod to the Peak in the A is pretty neat though. I like that touch. The axe feels a bit forced but eh.

As far as uniforms, I'm not a fan of the football home (the shoulders are a bit much IMO), but I'm stoked to see a yellow helmet.

At the end of the day, the school has a crazy low budget for sports, so I'm glad this wasn't a total failure. Just a few tweaks and this would have been killer.

If they left the lumberjack out of this, I'd be infinitely happier about the rebrand. The nod to the Peak in the A is pretty neat though. I like that touch. The axe feels a bit forced but eh.

Yeah, as I mentioned in the other thread, the wordmark with the axe just has a really bland, corporate logo feel to it. It doesn't really scream "athletics" to me.

gYH2mW9.png

Yeah, as I mentioned in the other thread, the wordmark with the axe just has a really bland, corporate logo feel to it. It doesn't really scream "athletics" to me.

And part of the reason I didn't like it at first, to be honest. I would've loved to see them go more vintage than modern (NAU turned me into a hipster, apparently) -- it would fit the university and town so much better. At the end of the day, though, this rebrand will help sell the university to a wider demographic, and I'm sure that's why they did it. They've made no secret of trying to compete with U of A and ASU for enrollment the last 10 years, and the school has grown dramatically even since I graduated 3 years ago. I'm sure this rebrand will help legitimize the sports a little.

The NAU logo looks good as a helmet logo and on the jerseys but I'm not at all a fan of the lumberjack logo. Way too realistic looking. Most teams/schools are going away from that style when they rebrand. The wordmarks and lumberjack do not look like they belong together. It's good they don't seem to make much use of the lumberjack.

Archived