Washington Capitals Concept...

ColeJ

Cole, sweet stuff. And of course, I gotta ask, where did you find the unused alternate logo for your third jersey?

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

These are very, very nice. I agree that the home has a bit too much white, but overall, tremendous work.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

HOLY MACKAREL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:notworthy:

The Red shirt is the best thing I have ever seen on this board (and in any store....)

Not crazy about the "Russian" pattern of the alternate, but.... take the alternate Capitol logo, the red shirt... and this sucker becomes the new Official American Symbol!!!

Is it overkill to put a second one of these :notworthy: ?

W O W !

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Cole, these are fantastic! Definitely one of the best concepts I've seen here so far. Nothing on the jerseys felt like it was too much and you made good use of the colors that the Caps should be using. My favourite of the three is the white jersey, but I still love the rest. Excellent work!

-Abbey

PS Darn, forgot one of these... :notworthy:

Abbey.jpg

I'm really digging the blue alternate. I've always liked that logo, and while that uniform striping isn't really unique, it works well. I'd love to see that be there home and have a white away to compliment it.

I'm not trying to swim upstream or just be contrary for contrary's sake.

In general, I think these are very well thought out and attractive looking unis. The sweaters themselves look pretty great as everyone has echoed.

With that said, I dont think the eagle logo translates to those colors well at all. I understand why you'd pick grey, but then it appears nowhere else in the home/road uniform and it looks wrong.

I've said this a million times, no matter what side of the blue/bronze vs red/blue battle you are on.....that logo can't simply port to r/w/b. It wasn't designed for those very rich primary colors.

Anyhow, this probably sounds super-negative but its not meant to. Your concept is the first I've ever seen that makes me think I can accept the inevitable return to red and actually embrace it.

I still would prefer they stay with blue/bronze.........but you did very well.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Sweeeeeet!!! The best Caps concepts I've seen. Great job! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

With that said, I dont think the eagle logo translates to those colors well at all. I understand why you'd pick grey, but then it appears nowhere else in the home/road uniform and it looks wrong.

i definately don't take your comments the wrong way. i like to take all the good and the bad feedback, for future reference...

my only defense on the comment i quoted though, is that i don't think it looks weird when teams use colors in the logo that they don't use on the uniforms... for instance, i know some people have complained about the coyotes logo being too colorful for their brick and white jerseys, but i think it makes the logo stand out a little more and really looks nice... and the chicago blackhawks logo has every color in the rainbow, slapped on a red and black design, and i think that works outstanding... the preds logos all use orange, but it's no where in their unis, either.

but again, these are all just my opinions... and i may be biased on the use of extra logo colors debate, because i list the blackhawks and the coyotes as my 2 favorite uniforms in the NHL :)

but yeah, i don't expect everyone to love any concept, and i'm more than ok with people throwing in their 2 cents on my work. everyone is entitled to their opinion. i'm just glad i've gotten so many positive responses. even the people who don't like it can't help but give me some credit on it, which is gravy to me.

Get rid of the eagle and make the Proposed, but never used shield the main logo, and it's such a winner.

(it's not your design, i just HATE that damned eagle.)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived