Washington Capitals Concept...

ColeJ

home and road:

cole-caps.gif

alternate sweater:

caps-alternate.gif

to me, the caps home/road combo just doesn't look good, or make much sense... it would look pretty nice if they brought back the blue jersey, and ditched the black one... but they still wouldn't look like the caps to me.

the washington capitals are a red team at heart. they wore red for my childhood, and they should wear red again :) at least in my conceptual artwork.

i tried to mix and match the past and present, but without just making it retarded. the unis are supposed to be in the same general feel of the old school "tacky caps" jerseys, only with a cleaner design, and a more professional modern design.

i really liked the way i recolored the caps logo, proving myself wrong, when i thought that i'd be forced to keep copper in the color scheme against my will... i really like the eagle logo... and i like it a lot better in the new colors.

also, thanks to wurldwyde for hooking me up with the rejected caps shoulder logo from a few years back. i took it as a base, and tried to make it into something a little more. i like it, and i hope someone else likes what i've done to it.

anyway, i always tend to over-explain my concepts.

any and all comments are welcome on this concept, as always. i'm open to suggestions, and i'm man enough to listen to everyone's opinions on how to improve it, without it crushing my spirit. B)

Absolutely, by far, the BEST Capitals concept I have seen since I first got here. The shades of red and blue you used are so far the only combination that hasn't made me gag and cover my eyes.

I also like the striping on the alt. Very cool.

home and road:

cole-caps.gif

alternate sweater:

caps-alternate.gif

to me, the caps home/road combo just doesn't look good, or make much sense... it would look pretty nice if they brought back the blue jersey, and ditched the black one... but they still wouldn't look like the caps to me.

the washington capitals are a red team at heart. they wore red for my childhood, and they should wear red again :) at least in my conceptual artwork.

i tried to mix and match the past and present, but without just making it retarded. the unis are supposed to be in the same general feel of the old school "tacky caps" jerseys, only with a cleaner design, and a more professional modern design.

i really liked the way i recolored the caps logo, proving myself wrong, when i thought that i'd be forced to keep copper in the color scheme against my will... i really like the eagle logo... and i like it a lot better in the new colors.

also, thanks to wurldwyde for hooking me up with the rejected caps shoulder logo from a few years back. i took it as a base, and tried to make it into something a little more. i like it, and i hope someone else likes what i've done to it.

anyway, i always tend to over-explain my concepts.

any and all comments are welcome on this concept, as always. i'm open to suggestions, and i'm man enough to listen to everyone's opinions on how to improve it, without it crushing my spirit. B)

Very nice Cole, very patriotic.

CGP.gif

Those are the best Caps jerseys I've seen here period. I really like the alternate. But what really stands out are the home/away jerseys. I'm not really a big fan of their current colour scheme and that would be a perfect change.

dodgers-1.png

Very traditional-looking without pandering to the "bring back the throwbacks" trend, that's definitely a plus in my book. Also, I love how you used the rejected alternate logo, it definitely looks better as a crest than what they have now...

QPR%20Sig.png

While I don't care for the current versions - even though my team uses the white jersey for its colours - I loved the originals. It always seemed to me, even though I'm not American, that anything other than white, red and blue would be a sacrilege.

That said, these are the nicest Capitals concepts I've seen. Excellent work!

these are incredible! i love the darker shades of red and blue you used, and the Eagle logo which they should have never gotten rid of on their homes. these are as close to perfect as ive ever seen Caps uniforms!

wow. i didn't expect this much good feedback.

i'm glad you all like it.... i almost used brighter colors, but i really liked the way the brickish red looked on there, and i needed a dark blue so i could keep the logo, only without having to use black, for contrast.

my only complaint for this is the number font. i love the font, and i think it's perfect for the caps, but i'm not quite sure that it fits the uniforms anymore... but since i haven't heard any complaints, can't be that bad.

Good things:

• Eagle as main logo - check
  • No more black - check
  • No more of that ugly copper colour - check
  • A better secondary logo - kinda check (still not convinced it needs the name slapped across it, but that's just a personal pet peeve)

The red sweater's a bit white-heavy for my tastes, mind you; seems like there should be some more blue. The two different number methods (three-colour on one, two on the other) is a little odd; personally, I think your two-colour numbers on the red jersey (though I'm not sure about blue numbers on a darkish red jersey) are much better than the three-colour on the white and alt.

Those things notwithstanding, I like the concept. That white jersey really pops, and I absolutely love the way the logo looks on the red.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Like gameface I like the originals, but I like these too, I never understood why they changed from red, white & blue...

I do like the eagle so that's good too.

It's odd when the red, white & blue team is in Montreal (The Rangers I consider Blue, white & red)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I echo what Mockba said about the numbers and the white in the red jersey. I like these jerseys alright, but it seems wierd to me that a patriotic uniform for a team in the nation's capital would use a 3rd jersey inspired by team Russia's unis.

but it seems wierd to me that a patriotic uniform for a team in the nation's capital would use a 3rd jersey inspired by team Russia's unis.

I noticed that also. Pretty funny imo.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I echo what Mockba said about the numbers and the white in the red jersey. I like these jerseys alright, but it seems wierd to me that a patriotic uniform for a team in the nation's capital would use a 3rd jersey inspired by team Russia's unis.

i wanted ovechkin to feel at home :D

I thought I recognized those jerseys! ;)

I swapped the blue and the white on the home jersey and it looked a lot nicer.

i tried the blue/white switch, myself... i'm not a huge fan of it, because it's always been a pet-peeve of mine when teams heavily rely on blue/red touching... it normally tends to turn purplely on tv, like the texas rangers, i noticed a few years back.

i know the logo is blue on red, but that's just a logo... i'm not against the idea of a blue/white switch, but i tend to prefer my red and blue to usually have a seperator color.

I thought I recognized those jerseys!  ;)

I swapped the blue and the white on the home jersey and it looked a lot nicer.

i tried the blue/white switch, myself... i'm not a huge fan of it, because it's always been a pet-peeve of mine when teams heavily rely on blue/red touching... it normally tends to turn purplely on tv, like the texas rangers, i noticed a few years back.

i know the logo is blue on red, but that's just a logo... i'm not against the idea of a blue/white switch, but i tend to prefer my red and blue to usually have a seperator color.

...and if he did swap the white and blue, the striping pattern on the white jersey would form Russia's flag. :P

Awesome work, Cole. I love the entire package. :grin:

Archived