Concepts (Working stage) for input

RayLars9867

I see this kind of criticism here often after seeing logos and it's really true when I look at yours. Shrink the logo down and see what you lose in the logo. It seems like in the Horse and Sentinels there are a lot of unneeded or very small things in the logo that if it was shrunken down you would either lose the clear vision of the logo or you just wouldn't see it. I think the Sentinel is a bit busy. I'd find a way to use less of those...bolts. I'm not really sure what those are. Either use less and or make them spread out more. And for the holes in the mask I'd find a way to make it just one big shape or a couple of lines instead of a lot of mini holes.

Baton Rouge looks decent. I saw this in your TrailBlazers concept but when you use the same shape for something else I think it makes a logo look a little clipartish. I'd find a way to make a different baseball blaze for each one. if you're headed in that route.

The logos look nice when they're big. Shrink them down, and you'll have the issue Wonka mentioned.

Also, most baseball games are canceled when it rains. Might be a bad idea to name a team after the sport's biggest.

EDIT. The horse's neck in the first mark has a weird kink in it.

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

The logo designs are very impressive. As said above, details are big. I think the names, especially Baton Rouge, are wonderful. The one thing I just can't stand is the poor Wilmington font and placement on the horse.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Sometimes ask yourself this: Can my logo be replicated in black and white? If not, than refine it and try and make it simple, but not lose it's character. (Sorry if this is confusing)

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

I agree with all of the above. I think my favorite is Wilmington, but the horse's mane bothers me. Try making it more hair-like rather than spikes. I agree with Clintau about the random Wilmington at the top of the logo. I think just the War Horses part is enough. But these are all looking really great. I love Baton Rouge's name, and you have a great idea with Brigantine. Keep workin' at 'em!

Okay... These logos that you've made have a whole lot of potential so here's my comments.

For the Wilmington War-Horses: On the horse make the horses mane more curved, it looks way too jagged right now. Also take out the word Wilmington it is very out of place and put it underneath the wordmark. Moving down the horse make the neck less square, make the lines curved not straight. On the eye right now all you have is a triangle, it doesn't look bad but I suggest make it more "eye" shaped. On the nostril get rid of the second spoon-looking spot and just leave it blank. The next problem is the wordmark, the words and the star don't match width and stroke wise. I think the star looks really good and that you should make the type thinner and the white stroke around it thicker.

For the Brigantine Sentinels: I gotta say restart and start from scratch. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad, but after seeing you're other concepts I feel that you could do something better.

For the Baton Rouge Deluge: Awesome, Awesome, Awesome Name! Seriously I cant get over how much I like that name. But on the logo I gotta say simplify. Keep the same raindrop but only use one, and the raindrop will just be the logo. No wordmark is needed.

I hope I helped.

NEWSGG copy.png

Archived