Charlotte Hornets Concept

GriffinM6

I personally LOVE the alternate. It's a great bold and cartoon-y alternate jersey to wear a few times a year. The NBA announced that the NBA logo will now be on the back of every teams jersey, just above the name, so take the "C" logo out and put it on the front

The pinstripes are fine, for me, but jaker52 is right about the honeycombs. Make those smaller and maybe stick to one color. I would also decrease the size of Buzz City; it seems to take up too much of the front and possibly be covered by the waistband.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

I feel that the honeycombs have an almost art-deco feel to them. I think this does capture the essence of modern team really well. If you wanted it to be super modern, you could always use a gradient ;)

That's what- She

Alternate sucks honeycomb shapes too big and the pinstripes r not too original

So this is what they meant by "decline of the concepts section"...

As for the concept, I personally like the feel of the home and away, however the pinstripes in that arrangement is my only nit pick. I just never liked the line in the direct middle with the multiple stripes surrounding it and rather I prefer the way the original Hornets did the striping, but as I said, that's a nitpick and really they still look good. Also for the home I'll add that it appears like there's a lot of teal and it overrides the purple but I understand you were trying to just keep consistent with the number set / script which in that case it looks great.

As for the alternate, I usually hate jerseys that touch along those lines but honestly, it's really refreshing to see that. I especially love the cheesy honeycomb design for the numbers. I really think you could expand further the design elements from the chest on that jersey to make a beautiful full set. The lettering without outlines is actually really nice and heck, if you don't expand on it, I'd love to see it / do that myself! And for the pattern on the side, it looks odd from the front and back views, but great on the side so I'm guessing it's just the template not doing it justice.

Solid work I'd say, definitely some potential to take these further just from seeing the alternate.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

I personally LOVE the alternate. It's a great bold and cartoon-y alternate jersey to wear a few times a year. The NBA announced that the NBA logo will now be on the back of every teams jersey, just above the name, so take the "C" logo out and put it on the front

I love the alternate too! Maybe the honeycombs could be a lil smaller but I like the BIG AND BOLD feel to it. Good job.
shado_logo.gif

Alternate sucks honeycomb shapes too big and the pinstripes r not too original

Tell me how pinstripes aren't original when one team wears them currently, and they were one of the first? I also disagree with you (surprising) about the honeycombs, I actually think they look pretty good on the alternate, but strictly on an alternate only, I wouldn't really like it on the primary.

spacer.png

If you're trying to make realistic options, change the NBA logo spot like borner1996 said and also that's a Nike template, NBA has a contract with Adidas until the end of the 2017 season.

Quite frankly, I don't care that the nba patch is on the back now. And also, Adidas sucks, so I'm gonna use whatever template I want.

Also, thanks for the great C&C guys. I'm out of town until Sunday so expect any possible update to happen Monday.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived