Canadian football question

sc49erfan15

I got to wondering earlier today...

Do high schools and/or colleges in Canada play American-style football?

If so, do they use CFL-style rules (3 downs, endzones you could land a 747 in, etc), NFL-style rules (the normal ones), or a combination of both?

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

They are played by Canadian rules, field and all. Of course some fields are played on athletic tracks, so you have a chopped off corners like Edmonton, Hamilton and Montreal. But some high schools have both they own field and and athletic track. :cursing:

I saw, I came, I left.

Simon Fraser U, in BC used to play against American colleges, but just switched not long ago to play the Canadian game-against Canadian Universities...

And as kids when we played on our own--it was CFL style too...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I know in Fort Erie they use American rules and american ball in High School - I actually asked this question to someone in FE. Than he started saying how he hates the CFL and asked how the Bills were going to do. Very Weird. :D

Just goes to show you there are stupid people everywhere.

I remember hearing about them playing American rules in BC high schools... anyway, as far as I know, everyone now plays the normal way. The Canadian way.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I know in Fort Erie they use American rules and american ball in High School - I actually asked this question to someone in FE. Than he started saying how he hates the CFL and asked how the Bills were going to do. Very Weird.  :D

Just goes to show you there are stupid people everywhere.

I remember hearing about them playing American rules in BC high schools... anyway, as far as I know, everyone now plays the normal way. The Canadian way.

damn straight! :flagcanada:

Doh!

Archived