Lacrosse World Championship Concepts

hockeyny13

Since the Lacrosse World Championships will be starting July 10th i thought I'd try to create some uniform concepts for some of the teams. I will try to do all 38 teams but the teams i will be doing for sure are: Finland, Mexico, Columbia, Spain, Israel, Korea, Slovakia, Sweden, China, Italy, Norway, Netherlands, USA, Canada, England, and Iroquois. I will start with mexico and Finland.

First up is Finland. I used the international hockey logo of the lion and then used Duke as my inspiration for the uniform.

AIuTCsV.jpg

JCo2Fvd.jpg

For Mexico i used the baseball logo. I know it looks strange and almost like a mcDonalds m so i didn't use it except for on the one helmet. I used the 2006 soccer uniforms as inspiration.

9MdCEjY.jpg

uNny8LL.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks good so far and I like your mockup of the Cascade R helmet. Also, are all of the nations going to be outfitted by Nike?

I kind of wish I could start up my series for the FIL and finish my NCAA series but, my laptop screen cracked unfortunately.

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

I'm a big fan of lacrosse and will try to watch all the games, I'd love to see Uganda play. As for the uniforms, they look lovely. The only thing I would change is the away helmet for finland. The gradient looks kinda weird. Also I'd like it more if you enlarge the logo to the point where some of it has to be cut out. Wales is doing it and it looks cool.

u3J7jjd.png

Not all nations will be outfitted by nike, ill do some warrior and some under armour designs as well. I looked back at the last world championships for the teams and if they had nike i used that. Also, either helmet can be used with either jersey/shorts combo. Next up are colombia and spain.

For spain i used the nike jersey used mostly in the late 2000s maybe early 2010s. I also tried to keep the jersey shorts and sock colors consistent with the soccer team so the sports teams are united in a way.

4Y5AKm7.jpg

FwepL4h.jpg

I created the colombia logo, kind of green bayish, but clean and simple. I also kept the jersey, shorts, and sock colors consistent with the soccer team. I also tried out a gradient helmet that is the colombian flag.

7x0jY3F.jpg

L5NHbKk.jpg

up next will be israel and republic of korea, plus any changes i make to these 4 nations.

again, I'm not really seeing it. It seems like meaningless designs pieced together. Since this is Lax, you have a lot of room to think outside the box on these jerseys. You can definitely come up with some nice designs if you took your time on each one. Posting 4 batches in one day makes me think you are rushing them a little. Sorry if I sound rude, I'm just trying to offer some constructive criticism.

i took the nike socks and shorts and the cascade helmet from one template, a generic jersey, and then made my own warrior helmet.

again, I'm not really seeing it. It seems like meaningless designs pieced together. Since this is Lax, you have a lot of room to think outside the box on these jerseys. You can definitely come up with some nice designs if you took your time on each one. Posting 4 batches in one day makes me think you are rushing them a little. Sorry if I sound rude, I'm just trying to offer some constructive criticism.

I'm fine with constructive criticism but it seems too generic of a comment. like what seems meaningless to you? so far i don't have a country where i can use a flag as a pattern in the jersey or anything if thats what you're looking for. other than that I'm trying to keep the national sports identity with the colors of the uniform, like using blues shorts for Spain. Again, i support constructive criticism just please give me something i can use to make my concepts better.

Not seeing what is so generic about my post. When something seems meaningless, you often can't point it out because nothing is there. There's no reasoning behind these designs, it's just a random design for no reason other than it looked cool. As to make you concept better, like I said, add at least a bit of patriotism to these designs. You can look up local patterns, make logos based on items found in the respected country. Don't limit it to colour fill with that countries colours or its just rehashing designs from other sports.

see theres in issue in doing that because there are people like you, who i do agree with, where they don't want to limit colors to just the flag colors or other sports colors, but then other people say that makes the design worse because of a lack of unity within the nation, which i also agree with. i still don't see whats wrong with the designs. can you point out a specific team that bothers you? because a team like Finland i won't go crazy with because they're look always has been and always will be simple and basic. If its a team like Mexico or Spain thats bothering you i will try to fix it.

Pump the brakes for a second.

Just for the record, I created that Warrior T3 helmet template about a year or so ago. Also, the jersey templates were created by me. I purposely off centered inner-shirt area and collar just to see who would attempt to duplicate it. And, yes I have a version without the crooked parts. I have no problem with anyone using my template ONLY IF YOU GET MY PERMISSION. Always give credit to your sources. IT IS PLAGIARISM IF YOU DONT.

As for the Columbia concept, the front script and player name needs to be a little bit larger for legible purposes.

Finally, I'd advise that you should check out the new concept users guide in this subthread.

"Quality art isn't made overnight, it takes time and effort."

Just ask Raysox or Dr. Dougfresh or Discriminhater or AAO or Buc or Ren. And I'll bet money that they'll tell you the same exact thing.

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

Just for the record, I created that Warrior T3 helmet template about a year or so ago. Also, the jersey templates were created by me. I purposely off centered inner-shirt area and collar just to see who would attempt to duplicate it. And, yes I have a version without the crooked parts. I have no problem with anyone using my template ONLY IF YOU GET MY PERMISSION. Always give credit to your sources. IT IS PLAGIARISM IF YOU DONT.

As for the Columbia concept, the front script and player name needs to be a little bit larger for legible purposes.

Finally, I'd advise that you should check out the new concept users guide in this subthread.

Just ask Raysox or Dr. Dougfresh or Discriminhater or AAO or Buc or Ren. And I'll bet money that they'll tell you the same exact thing.

first off, i didn't just make these concepts last night. i had 4 ready to go because i was making them the past couple of weeks and put them up i just didn't want to do 4 in one post.

secondly, i didn't realize i copied your jersey and helmet i just typed lacrosse jersey outline or template on google and saw the helmet which was good. i didn't even look at the website it came from, i just took it from google. my bad on that. i can take them down if you want me to i really didn't realize i was taking yours

and just for good measure the other template i took from was the nike template from bkknight95

I would be a little more excited if someone used my template instead of getting pissy. It's not like it was the best template anyway, no need to cause a scene, could have simply mentioned it was your work - i'd like some proof though.

alright so i have changed my template so the jersey and helmet arent wizkid's. the jersey i got from the v neck lacrosse template in the svg movement thread. The helmet is the same basic layout as wizkids but i changed the helmet holes and added the warrior logo.

UPDATES:

Finland, got rid of the gradient helmet.

ntT8zYW.jpg

Spain, added shoulder color to use more blue throughout uniform. made helmet logo bigger.

Zh1w4Wv.jpg

ed004aX.jpg

i'm currently working on a mexico improvement using more of the pattern seen in the one helmet and a new logo. korea republic and israel coming later today

Nothing about the quality of these concepts indicates they're a rush job.

hockeyny13 has stopped using your template. I hope your criticism is of the more constructive variety in the future.

Archived