Possible NHL Expansion: Logo and Name Ideas

Oso

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would it really be that much of a problem for the hypothetical new KC team to be called the scouts? And if Hamilton gets a team i would think they will be called Ontario instead of Hamilton.

I highly doubt that.

Which part? The team in Hamilton, which I know is unlikely, or the team name being Ontario.

Would it really be that much of a problem for the hypothetical new KC team to be called the scouts? And if Hamilton gets a team i would think they will be called Ontario instead of Hamilton.

I highly doubt that.

Which part? The team in Hamilton, which I know is unlikely, or the team name being Ontario.

Both, at least in the near future, but specifically the team being named "Ontario".

The Scouts are named after a statue of a Native American. Given current trends regarding Native Americans and sports branding, Scouts is probably out as a moniker on the grounds of "why invite trouble?"

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Scouts are named after a statue of a Native American. Given current trends regarding Native Americans and sports branding, Scouts is probably out as a moniker on the grounds of "why invite trouble?"

They could always do what Golden State did with the Warriors identity.

They could always do what Golden State did with the Warriors identity.

nm... let my emotions get the better of me.

This is very simple.

Coyotes to Quebec.

Tampa to Kansas City. (The only reason why Tampa sells out is because ownership gives away free tickets)

Florida to a Midwest state.

Expansion in Seattle

Expansion in Markham.

Midwest state... How bout Wisconsin?

The Devils probably still own the Scouts name. I know they have a few call-outs to the Scouts and Rockies around their arena. Or did at one point.

And no team is going to go with "Ontario" as a name. "Ontario" as a concept is nebulous with no single identity. It's also home to two NHL teams already.

Archived