ARMY

redlegs420

I don't know. I still can't get over the logo. I think its a great logo. It seems to balance well, its rich in identity and meaning. But it looks childish to me. Again, it just doesn't look like something the UNITED STATES ARMY would wear. I don't know if it's the sword or if everything is too round and not rigid. It just doesn't feel right. Not for the Army. Not for a group that has a international reputation of the best armed forces in the world.

I understand my opinion has to do more with the armed forces than actually the University... but... whatever. That's just how a feel.

There's some odd unit patches that'd change your mind.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know. I still can't get over the logo. I think its a great logo. It seems to balance well, its rich in identity and meaning. But it looks childish to me. Again, it just doesn't look like something the UNITED STATES ARMY would wear. I don't know if it's the sword or if everything is too round and not rigid. It just doesn't feel right. Not for the Army. Not for a group that has a international reputation of the best armed forces in the world.

I understand my opinion has to do more with the armed forces than actually the University... but... whatever. That's just how a feel.

There's some odd unit patches that'd change your mind.

But I'm ok with that. I just group that differently. That is literally a blood brothers sort of symbol. I just think its different that an athletic program/school logo. It could be unicorn with a rainbox, and I still think it would be bad ass enough to put on the uniform.

I just don't know why it appears to be new to people when the old helmet and sword was on the previous uniforms.

man, dont even act like we're all suppose to notice every detail of every uniform out there. where was it before? on the point of the collars?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

It is true that the unit patches worn by Army players are typically randomly assigned, but it is not true that the patches are sent in by anyone outside of the academy. They are chosen by the Army football program.

The entire team wears a patch from one unit during each game of the season until the Army-Navy Game. (Examples from 2014: everyone wore 7th Infantry Division patches against UConn and 101st Airborne Division patches against Western Kentucky). Sometimes, there is a geographical tie-in (the home of the 101st is Fort Campbell, KY) -- sometimes there isn't a clear tie-in (7th's home is Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA).

For Army-Navy, many different patches are worn. In 2014, some players wore family-related patches (father's unit, uncle's unit, etc.). Players who did not make special requests were assigned patches based on position (QBs = 10th Mountain Division, DL = 1st Armored Division, ...). 2014 was the first time the patches were position-related.

What an ARMY WEST POINT way to ruin it with too many rules! I know for a fact that Navy uses patches sent in from around the Fleet, which allows people to send stuff in that's been flown in a jet, or worn in Afghanistan, or been to the ISS or something else awesome. Honestly, I don't know how they're divvied out, but it seems pretty random, because Navy understands that college sports are supposed to be fun. At Navy they prize intellectual creativity, improvisation, independence, and not being miserable living in a lifeless gray castle surrounded by nothing but the freezing cold.ARMY WEST POINT is the WORST. The. Worst.

Unlike ARMY WEST POINT, Navy typically only wears patched against Air Force and ARMY WEST POINT.

And bowl games. Which, obviously, ARMY WEST POINT doesn't do.

Ugh. Just thinking about ARMY WEST POINT makes me mad. They're the worst.

Go Navy.

(PS, aside from the name confusion, I like the rebrand overall. I like the use of the USMA crest/unit insignia and the unified typeface. I love consistency in typefaces and colors across a college's sports teams, love it.)

(PPS, Beat Army.)

(PPPS, They. Are. The. Worst.)

Grunge-Logos.png

I just don't know why it appears to be new to people when the old helmet and sword was on the previous uniforms.

man, dont even act like we're all suppose to notice every detail of every uniform out there. where was it before? on the point of the collars?

On the left sleeve.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It is true that the unit patches worn by Army players are typically randomly assigned, but it is not true that the patches are sent in by anyone outside of the academy. They are chosen by the Army football program.

The entire team wears a patch from one unit during each game of the season until the Army-Navy Game. (Examples from 2014: everyone wore 7th Infantry Division patches against UConn and 101st Airborne Division patches against Western Kentucky). Sometimes, there is a geographical tie-in (the home of the 101st is Fort Campbell, KY) -- sometimes there isn't a clear tie-in (7th's home is Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA).

For Army-Navy, many different patches are worn. In 2014, some players wore family-related patches (father's unit, uncle's unit, etc.). Players who did not make special requests were assigned patches based on position (QBs = 10th Mountain Division, DL = 1st Armored Division, ...). 2014 was the first time the patches were position-related.

What an ARMY WEST POINT way to ruin it with too many rules! I know for a fact that Navy uses patches sent in from around the Fleet, which allows people to send stuff in that's been flown in a jet, or worn in Afghanistan, or been to the ISS or something else awesome. Honestly, I don't know how they're divvied out, but it seems pretty random, because Navy understands that college sports are supposed to be fun. At Navy they prize intellectual creativity, improvisation, independence, and not being miserable living in a lifeless gray castle surrounded by nothing but the freezing cold.ARMY WEST POINT is the WORST. The. Worst.

Unlike ARMY WEST POINT, Navy typically only wears patched against Air Force and ARMY WEST POINT.

Go Navy.

(PS, aside from the name confusion, I like the rebrand overall. I like the use of the USMA crest/unit insignia and the unified typeface. I love consistency in typefaces and colors across a college's sports teams, love it.)

(PPS, Beat Army.)

man-standing-in-the-rain-gif.gif

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Go Navy.

(PPS, Beat Army.)

So, and I'm just hypothesizing here, it seems that possibly, just maybe, you don't like Army? Am I on the right track here because I think that is the vibe that I'm getting. I could be wrong though. Just needed some clarification.

Go Navy.

(PPS, Beat Army.)

So, and I'm just hypothesizing here, it seems that possibly, just maybe, you don't like Army? Am I on the right track here because I think that is the vibe that I'm getting. I could be wrong though. Just needed some clarification.
Well we both hate Air Force so we can agree on that.

GO ARMY!!!! Beat Navy!!!! (Please God, for once in this century!!!!!!!&:!#%/&((£)!#)

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The.

Worst.

man-standing-in-the-rain-gif.gif

Sorry, Buc (I assume this is a self-portrait), but service academy rivalries can know no weakness, no relenting, no compromise. It is one of the few constants in life and I will take it to my grave. However, if we move beyond ARMY WEST POINT, to just the real Army and things change. Love those guys, especially their helo pilots. Bunch of cowboys...

Well we both hate Air Force so we can agree on that.

GO ARMY!!!! Beat Navy!!!! (Please God, for once in this century!!!!!!!&:!#%/&((£)!#)

Air Force is an historical footnote. It's like having a baby brother when you're 24 and then trying to pretend to be interested in his life. He's technically part of the family but.....

The more I contemplate ARMY WEST POINT as the name, the more it drives me crazy. It's not like Navy is suffering from a lack of symbols, U.S Naval Academy, Navy, Midshipmen, goat mascot... But they keep it simple, it's the Navy Midshipmen, no Annapolis, no NAVY ANNAPOLIS, etc., etc.

I'll be interested to see if they still do something special for Army-Navy and Army-Air Force or if they try to keep the focus on the new look. UA went for it in a "rebranding" year, so maybe Nike will follow suit (NPI).

Also, Go Navy.

Grunge-Logos.png

Archived