oldschoolvikings

Oldschoolvikings' NHL concepts - New Flames and Islanders added 5/8/17

OnWis97    2,185

The Wild logo with the water is amazing and so fitting given the Land of 10,000 lakes.  I wonder, though, should the tongue / stream be blue, too, for consistency?

SFGiants58    1,874

That's...interesting. I like the curved striping and I oddly don't mind the abundance of grey on the white sweater. Good on you for using the fin patch and a modern display font (block wouldn't really work here). I am curious to see how the new "alternate" logos would look on it.

oldschoolvikings    3,619
55 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

That's...interesting. I like the curved striping and I oddly don't mind the abundance of grey on the white sweater. Good on you for using the fin patch and a modern display font (block wouldn't really work here). I am curious to see how the new "alternate" logos would look on it.

I was just looking at the way the top of the logo curves, which I'd never noticed before.  This odd idea popped to mind.  I also did a version without the chest stripes and it was workable but I wanted to get a reaction from this.

SFGiants58    1,874
1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I was just looking at the way the top of the logo curves, which I'd never noticed before.  This odd idea popped to mind.  I also did a version without the chest stripes and it was workable but I wanted to get a reaction from this.

It's unusual striping for sure, but I like it. The Sharks are a modern enough team where they can get away with it.

Zeus89725    952

Not a fan of the chest stripe, the lone gold chest stripe on the away, or the font. Other than that, it's a fair set.

Zeus89725    952

Loving the Isles. Not so sure about the yellow Flames logo. The fonts are great on both of them.

BenD    58

really digging the isles look. I like the idea for the flames but I think on the home some of the yellow could be swapped for white, and on the away I think you could add more of the dark red to emphasize the double red idea.